Summary Builds rough wooden structures such as concrete forms, scaffolds, tunnel and sewer supports, and temporary frame shelters and finishes concrete by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Examines specifications to determine dimensions of structure.
- Measures boards, timbers, or plywood, and marks cutting lines on materials.
- Saws boards and plywood panels to required sizes.
- Nails cleats (braces) across boards to construct concrete-supporting forms.
- Braces forms in place with timbers, tie rods, and anchor bolts, for use in building concrete piers, footings, and walls.
- Erects chutes for pouring concrete.
- Cuts and assembles timbers to build trestles and cofferdams.
- Builds falsework to temporarily strengthen, protect, or disguise buildings undergoing construction.
- Erects scaffolding for buildings and installs ladders, handrails, walkways, platforms, and gangways.
- Places and finishes concrete using bull float, hand trowel, and other equipment as needed.
- Cuts expansion joints in concrete using saws.
A minimum of 5 years experience required!
DUNN BUILDING COMPANY
Since 1878, Dunn has been a construction leader throughout the Southeast.
Dunn Building Company is the leader in design build construction for national and international industrial companies throughout Alabama and the Southeast.
Dunn Building’s elite team of experienced construction professionals deliver excellence in designbuild, design assist and specialty contracting for metal buildings/structures, heavy concrete foundations/walls and metal siding/roofing.
Dunn offers employees a great place to work with excellent opportunities for advancement and unmatched benefits including: Blue Cross Blue Shield medical and dental insurance, Aetna life and disability insurance, EyeMed vision insurance, optional insurance policies through Colonial, holiday pay, paid time off, bonus potential, and 401k.