Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing full-service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Sales & Business Development Leader at our office in Buffalo, NY. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Act as the Fire Alarm Leader for the Buffalo, NY branch, overseeing the team, operations, business development and growth.
- Identify potential clients in local branch markets and complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s business and equipment needs. Take initiative and confidently direct client interaction.
- Develop relationships with existing and prospective clients, A&E firms, electrical contractors & general contractors focusing on re-branding the company as full-service fire protection, to include fire alarm.
- Develop and partner with DU sales teams to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients. Set expectations and goals for sales teams. Collaborate with all DU companies on business growth and sales strategies.
- Become a SME on our business offerings, processes and operations through learning portals, product training and collaboration with other branches.
- Sales duties will include service, repair, upgrade, and design-build opportunities with a future focus on plan and spec sales.
- Key focus is finding and developing key client relation for owner negotiated sales.
- Understand current sales, management and field teams’ strengths and areas for improvement. Create and maintain development plans for each member of the team.
- Participate in the DU Fire Alarm community as a leader in the space working to support outside locations.
- Seek and hire talent as needed for growth.
- Set sales goals with year after year growth expectations in revenue and margin.
- Take part in the Learning and Development opportunities within Davis-Ulmer and API. This will result in the need for travel.
- Strong connections/relationships with electrical contractors, general contractors, A&E firms and business decision makers, within the Buffalo market is a plus
- High School Diploma / GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred; or previous related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
- Comprehensive understanding of contract document review, including thorough understanding of reading blueprints, specification review, a working knowledge of other trades and how they can impact a fire alarm proposal
- Industry expert in alarm and detection. Sales duties will include design-build opportunities with a focus on plan and spec sales
- Knowledge of card access, CCTV, security a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- May oversee employees in Design, Field, and Project Management (may vary per project)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Mostly office environment with moderate noise levels
- May experience loud environments when visiting a job site
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Daily stooping, bending, reaching, computer work, and phone calls
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"