Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing full-service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for an Alarm & Detection Technician at our office in Buffalo, NY. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Install, upgrade, troubleshoot and repair fire alarms in commercial and residential buildings.
• Program, start-up, troubleshoot and commission new system installation.
• Clearly communicate to client (electrical contractor, general contractor, end user) on project status, challenges, and completion dates.
• Oversee installation projects, providing direction to the electrical contractor for a successful installation.
• Identify improper installation methods and communicate the necessary corrections required by the electrical contractor
• Review contract and design documents related to the project for accuracy prior to build of system and provide comprehensive red line drawings at the completion of a project.
• Perform inspections to ensure alarms are installed and working according to code
• Complete detailed inspection reports, documenting any issues
• Respond to emergency service calls
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Previous comprehensive experience to perform duties on all size projects, from a small 50-point system to a multi panel network preferred
• Special Hazard, Clean Agent experience a plus
• Understanding of smoke control preferred: Stairwell pressurization and smoke purge
• Strong communication and customer service skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
• Depending on the customer site, noise level could be quiet (as in a library or public office) or moderate (as in a business office with computers and light traffic)
• Ability to withstand heights and climb ladders comfortably
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"