Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing full-service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for an Inspection Sales Rep at our office in Albany, NY. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The Inspection Sales position is responsible for meeting a set sales quota while building successful alliances with end users, property managers and business associations. Individual will develop customer relationships, providing and negotiating pricing for inspection contracts while working closely in a team environment with the Service department to ensure customer satisfaction and inspection growth.
- Assist with the promotion of the requirement of fire sprinkler, fire alarm, special hazards and fire extinguisher inspections
- Keep abreast of marketing opportunities through sales calls, networking and other market related information
- Lead customer presentations, lunch & learns and other relationship-building meetings
- Obtain leads for new customers as well as provide quotations for inspections to new and existing customers
- Stay involved with the pricing approach to inspection and service accounts
- Present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJ’s (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public
- High school diploma / GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred
- Business development / marketing background a plus
- Sales experience related to the fire protection field and/or building services & maintenance contracts a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment with moderate noise level
- May require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting of storage boxes, packages to be mailed, etc.
- Will require consistent time spent on the computer and phone throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"