This position involves performing HVAC-R service, trouble shooting, maintenance, and repair work on commercial HVAC systems as well as residential systems. Job duties will vary by experience in the HVAC-R field and or lack thereof.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Services, and repairs heating and air conditioning systems in residences and commercial and or industrial establishments.
- Performs Planned Service maintenance and repairs on: packaged roof top units, make-up air units, air handler units, furnaces, condensing units 1-100 Tons (air conditioners), chillers, tube heaters, ductless split systems, computer room air conditioning units, unit heaters, various control systems and air compressed air systems.
- Communicates in a professional manner with co-workers, subcontractors, and customers.
- Possesses a working knowledge of electronic wiring diagrams, schematics, and mechanical systems.
- Adheres to all local, state and federal building codes practices and regulations
- Possesses EPA Refrigerant Handling Certification license (Core, Type I & Type II).
- Completes job tickets and related memorandum accurately.
- Understands safety (Top Priority), personal protective equipment, site safety (roof tops), electrical hazards and electrical safety.
- Maintains company van organization/cleanliness and is responsible for truck inventory.
- Participate in continuing education sessions to ensure service, inspection, repair and installation procedures are current with latest technology.
- Performs additional duties as required/needed.
- Requires working some evening, weekend, and holiday on-call schedules once trained and ready.
Prefer experience in an HVAC-R related field but not required. Technical school degree desired; or equivalent combination of education and experience but not required. Must be EPA certified or willing to take the EPA exam within a month of starting date. NATE certification or similar, DDC/Pneumatic control experience, boilers license, and refrigeration background is desired but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and methods involved in showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategies and tactics, product demonstration and sales techniques.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly customer service oriented.
- Must be available for rotating on call schedule.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Other critical skills include planning & organizing; problem identification/resolution, multi-tasking, follow-through skills to bring tasks to closure in a timely manner, priority setting, and having a sense of urgency in accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is also required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email your resume or a summary of your experiences and qualifications by responding to this ad or apply online at :