The Quality Assurance Specialist II will work with an Agile team on the large-scale comprehensive childcare application. This position will require the duties to help plan, design, deploy, and execute test suites for software application development, information system launches, and operations systems enhancements.
- To prepare test plans, create test cases and execute to test each software component and demonstrate the business condition accordingly to specifications under test and the expected acceptance criteria in the user stories within each sprint and software release.
- To analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new functionality within each sprint under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as integration, feature, system, regression, stress and acceptance testing methods
- Given specific testing criteria, evaluate, troubleshoot, and test software for bugs and errors.
- Log errors found in appropriate tracking system and communicate this information to the appropriate project stakeholders (Scrum Project Manager, Tech Lead, QA Manager)
- Clarify issues and provide detailed information when necessary.
- Ensure testing activities will allow application to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Provide reports and documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking for assigned software releases to the Scrum Project Manager and QA Manager.
- Attend daily scrum meetings and communicate testing progress and other relevant information.
- Coordinate and support all user acceptance testing for each sprint software release.
- Assist with other project related tasks as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or 3+ years of equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- Knowledge of CCDF subsidy program and Indiana childcare licensing practices desired
- Proficient with system testing/system analysis and software quality assurance best practices and various testing methodologies
- Proficient using system testing tools, Microsoft TFS Test Manager testing tool desired
- Experience using defect tracking tools
- Understanding of Business Requirements and Technical Design documentation
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to quickly adapt and manage the agile testing tasks for each sprint release on a large- scale comprehensive application
- Ability to manage multiple assigned tasks
- Ability to follow instructions, work independently, function in an assigned team environment
- Ability to acquire and maintain additional technical skills towards professional development
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Employer-funded Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Company sponsored 401k
• Paid Time Off
Founded in 1996 in Indianapolis, IN, The Consultants Consortium (TCC) is an innovative solutions provider committed to designing and delivering high-value, cost-effective IT consulting services and application technology solutions for both the private and public sectors. With a team of more than 250 IT and business professionals, TCC serves clients nationwide, from state and federal government agencies to commercial sector customers. TCC is committed to providing the most cutting edge solutions, and with that, ensures they stay up-to-date on crucial certifications and affiliations. Among these are the highly accredited Microsoft Certifications.
TCC holds multiple MS Certifications, including a Gold Certification level in both Application Development and Hosting, as well as a Silver Data Center Certification. In addition to Microsoft, TCC is also a Registered Partner with Amazon Web Services (AWS), and a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level III assessed development organization that utilizes the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standard processes for IT service management that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business. To maximize these practices, TCC encourages staff members to gain ITIL certifications, and even offers study courses and material in-house.