Are you an office professional who is up for a challenge and ready to work hard in a fast-paced environment? Northwest Concrete Cutting and Crane Service, located in Sioux Falls, SD, is looking for a highly detailed and self-starting individual who desires to build a long-term career with their growing organization. The Accountant/Office Manager is responsible for all office and accounting duties including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, bank reconciliation, customer service, and employment requirements.
Here’s what you will do:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment or deposit.
- Input credits and debits to the accounting system.
- Print accounts payable checks, matches invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- Maintain files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, financial documentation, and other miscellaneous filings.
- Research, track and resolve (or properly referring) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Make bank deposits, including cash and checks. Ensure appropriate balance maintained in accounts to cover bill payment and payroll.
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents. Purges documents according to state and federal schedules.
- Act as a liaison between the Company, government and external accountants. Provide timely and accurate financial information as required.
- Reconcile various bank and credit card statements.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Maintain inventory records.
- Assist in year-end audits as needed.
- Establishes and maintains physical employee files, including truck driver files. Inputs employee information into accounting software and keeps information up to date. Conduct new hire orientation.
- Compiles data (e.g. expenses, time cards, mileage, incentives, etc.) for the purpose of preparing reports and processing payroll. Verifies pay amounts, hours of work, deductions. Calculates wages and benefits.
- For certain contracts, preparation of certified payrolls.
- Prints and distributes payroll bi-weekly for all employees.
- Manage and guarantee timely disbursement of payroll deductions including benefit payments, garnishments, and payroll taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Ensures confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files.
- Prepare and remit payroll taxes.
- Complete and file all quarterly and annual forms including Form 941, SUTA forms, W-2 forms and 401k administration.
- Manage and guarantee timely disbursement of employment notices such as 401(k) eligibility, health insurance notices, etc.
- Coordinate the activities required for the 401(k) plan including assisting with annual audit and filing on form 5500, notifying employees of eligibility, and maintaining accurate files. Act as liaison for the Company with 401(k) administrator.
- Administer and serve as contact person for worker’s compensation program
- Answer telephone and relays calls and messages
- Schedule and coordinate meeting details and supplies
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Monitor and maintain an adequate inventory of office and other general supplies.
- Ensure office is welcoming by making coffee, tidying up reception area.
- Assist dispatch and management wherever needed with general office duties.
- Offer a high level of customer services with both internal and external customers.
- And More!
Here’s what you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (preferred) or Business Administration or related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) or more years of progressive experience in accounting, financial reporting, payroll processing and benefit administration. Previous experience in construction industry preferred.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and applications
- Experience and knowledge of payroll processes including tax reporting requirements.
- Understanding of controls needed in purchasing, inventory, and accounts payable/payroll applications.
- Superior analytical skills with ability to understand the finer details as well as bigger picture
- Ability to organize and communicate effectively (both verbal and written)
- Experience with a Sage accounting software a plus. Advanced, working experience with Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Considerable 10-key, computer, telephone and filing skills
- Highly detail-oriented, professional attitude, reliable and very organized.
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving abilities to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality
- High degree of accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions.
- Available to work 7am-5pm, Monday through Friday.
Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive pay, depending on experience
- Great benefit package including health, dental and 401k
- Vacation and holiday pay
Who we are:
Northwest Concrete Cutting and Crane has been servicing residential and commercial customers in the Sioux Falls, SD area with an outstanding experience since 1981. Our family owned business takes great pride in serving clients of all sizes, home or business, with the highest level of professionalism.