Ellis Fire Suppression, Inc., a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, was established in 2005 and is based in N. Billerica, MA. We are a full-service contractor for the New England area, specializing in both water-based and chemical suppression systems, as well as fire alarms and extinguishers. Ellis has an on-site fabrication shop and 24-hour emergency response team. Our dedicated team is committed to providing excellence in fire protection.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Service Coordinator at our office in N. Billerica, MA. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The Service Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and scheduling manpower and may also quote service work for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and coordinate technicians for daily service jobs
- Coordinate manpower for emergency service calls
- May open new service jobs in the system, or assist salesperson in opening, to ensure correct information has been entered to accurately bill and maintain the job
- Review fire system inspection reports and follow up with customers to provide repair pricing if needed
- Take service calls and provide repair pricing for call-in customers
- May visit job sites of ongoing projects
- Order necessary materials for jobs and verify delivery of materials
- Follow up with customers to get payment status
- Manage small projects
- Communicate effectively with all departments to coordinate manpower
- Other duties as assigned
- Good oral, written and telephone skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft products)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required; Associate's Degree preferred
- Previous related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Mostly office environment with moderate noise level
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
- Some louder noise levels if visiting a job site
- Daily standing, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping, talking
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"