W&M Fire Protection, a subsidiary of Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Company, is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, and fabrication capability. W&M has proudly served the tri-state and New England areas for over 20 years, and offers a challenging and rewarding work environment. W&M Fire Protection is currently seeking to add an ambitious Inspection Salesperson to our team.
At Davis-Ulmer we believe that investing and empowering our employees as leaders develops an organization that delivers innovative solutions and services that create a superior customer experience. The unique blend of our leader's abilities and the ownership of their work, combined with our culture and values, creates something that is simply described as the Davis-Ulmer difference.
As a result of continued growth, we are currently seeking candidates for a Inspection Salesperson at our office in Hawthorne, NY or Holbrook, NY. We will consider a remote work option with travel within the five boroughs of New York City and New Jersey daily. Please read through the following job description, if you are interested in applying, please be sure to attach a cover letter and resume for our review.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Are you someone who enjoys the challenge of seeking out new sales opportunities? Do you value caring and enduring relationships with others based on honesty and integrity? If you answered “yes!” to these questions, please read on!
If you are…
- An effective communicator
- Trustworthy and honest
- Organizationally savvy
….then we would love to talk to you!
- Support W&M’s goal of 20% annual growth of our service/inspection business
- Establish contact with potential qualified buyers of inspection services by diligently scheduling sales calls, following up on leads quickly after they’re identified, and helping to execute outlined marketing
- Determine customer needs by conducting site surveys and reviewing your findings with the appropriate customer personnel.
- Prepare and present effective proposals that offer solutions to customer life safety issues.
- Contribute to the pricing approach of inspection and service accounts.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog to support the established sales
- Develop caring and enduring customer relationships that meet or exceed the expectations of our customers.
- Support other W&M teams in their initiatives
- Lead customer presentations, “lunch and learns", and other relationship-building activities.
- Continually develop your understanding of all W&M pricing strategies, worksheets and contract
- Consistently evaluate if you’re “getting the right work with the right customers.”
- Other duties as assigned
Your success will be measured by your achievement of these objectives:
- Meeting or exceeding individual new sales, proposal, and customer connections goals.
- Being a relentless pursuer of knowledge about emerging technologies in the life safety industry, including updated policies and regulations in your market.
- Your commitment to speaking with customers with aged receivables approaching 120 days.
- Actively participating in at least one local trade organization.
- Focus on building relationships with both new and existing customers
- Being a regular participant in the Learning and Development opportunities available through W&M and APi Group.
- Tracking all customer connections, proposals, and wins in W&M supported customer relationship management (CRM).
- High school diploma / GED required; Associate degree preferred
- Business development / marketing background a plus
- Sales experience related to the fire protection field and/or building services & maintenance contracts a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment with moderate noise level
- May require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting of storage boxes, packages to be mailed, etc.
- Will require consistent time spent on the computer and phone throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DAVIS-ULMER'S ENDURING PURPOSE: "To Build Great Leaders"