Job Summary: The Service Coordinator is a partner in providing responsive solutions to the Service Team members that will enhance the overall function of the Department. Responsible for facilitating customer service requests for work performed by our Technicians. Includes routing customer calls to appropriate source and follow up calls with customers. Gather and record accurate/complete information prior to scheduling technicians. Communicating with Service Manager and Project Managers. This role includes technical trouble-shooting, as well as provide training and support Requires high level of attention to details, tracking and follow through.
Education and Experience:
- One-year experience in a complex business office and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication skills – oral, written, and presentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to navigate department/company specific systems, including Astea and WebApps
- Working knowledge of iPhone and iPad capabilities
- Previous experience in Maintenance, Service or Construction is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of HVAC, plumbing or related knowledge is a plus.
- Answering Service phone calls and follow up on all customer calls in a timely manner.
- Appropriately documenting and designate phone, verbal or email work requests.
- Include and confirm the “bill to” and any other billing requirements, such as the purchase order number, not to exceed amounts, possible warranty work, confirmation it is billable work, or related work details, prior to entering in to Dispatch software program.
- Provide training and support to Technicians and Service Department office users as necessary to ensure smooth workflow and customer satisfaction.
- Enter service requests into Dispatch software program and manager initial allocation through final completion.
- Actively manage dispatch console, including rescheduling of Technicians if unable to complete a job.
- Also manage on-call services for after hours and weekend service requests.
- Coordinate PM contract renewals and keep PM contracts current in all aspects of installed items, material and schedule.
- Schedule all preventative Maintenance work on a monthly basis and update as applicable.
- Monitor and manage the Allocation screen and Open Work Order screen and schedule as soon as possible.
- Responsible for Astea scheduling as needed.
- Assist with Time Sheets and tracking time.
- Manage customer complaints and refer to Service Manger as required.
- May assist with Accounts Receivable collections and billing support (C.O.D., Credit Cards etc.)
- Assists with customer surveys as requested
- Support the service departments initiatives and programs designed to enhance the overall good of the company, including Standard Operating Processes (SOP’s) to ensure they are followed in all work performed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to keep current with continuing education as necessary.
- Ability to develop and maintain a team environment.
- Attend and participate in team/department communication meetings
- Actively participate in programs and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company, including sister company support as needed
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily a stationary position for a considerable portion of the day (sitting and/or standing). The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Must be able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Travel to project sites, or other APi Group company locations as needed.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant and/or customer environments. PPE required when in the plant, yard, customer, or construction areas include
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- High Visibility Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
- Personal Fall Arrest Harness
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don’t just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people – the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment