Who is UFS?
UFS is the community bank technology outfitter that inspires confidence for community banks, by providing purpose-built solutions that make technology work for them, instead of the other way around.
Founded in 1991, our purpose is to Empower Community Banks and Our People to Thrive – Together. We live that Purpose by always putting people first in our decisions and actions.
Our engaged culture is strongly influenced by the passion our team members bring while serving Community Banks and their communities. We believe in encouraging confidence in each other and delivering solutions that make our customers confident with us. To that end we seek out problem solvers, creative thinkers and engaged individuals that thrive in a fast-paced yet supportive environment.
We believe engaged employees lead to loyal customers, which in turn drives results for our business. We are caring, intense, and approachable, and have a lot of fun along the way. Tuesdays - we have Virtual Trivia Time, Thursdays - you might find us out on the patio playing cornhole, and you never know what to expect on “Friday Funday”.
As part of Team UFS, the Operations Team Member will monitor and follow procedures for mainframe operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Monitor and follow procedures for Mainframe operations
- Follow strict guidelines and times for end-of-day procedures
- Verify accuracy of all institution totals
- Send Month End e-statement and paper files according to procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Previous banking experience preferred
Knowledge, Skill & Ability Requirements
- Basic computer knowledge and 10 key calculator
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Capacity to understand problems and find the solution
- Understanding of the various program applications
- Good oral communications skills
- Ability to relate in a professional manner to customers, co-workers, service and vendor personnel throughout the course of business
- Ability to work flexible hours including Month End weekdays (M-F)
Key Attributes that must be maintained
- Commitment to doing what is best for our clients
- Positive “can do” attitude
- High level of integrity
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, and build consensus across the team
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, usually waist high, up to 50 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical office environment