Who is UFS?
UFS is the community bank technology outfitter that inspires confidence for community banks, by providing purpose-built solutions that make technology work for them, instead of the other way around.
Founded in 1991, our purpose is to Empower Community Banks and Our People to Thrive – Together. We live that Purpose by always putting people first in our decisions and actions.
Our engaged culture is strongly influenced by the passion our team members bring while serving Community Banks and their communities. We believe in encouraging confidence in each other and delivering solutions that make our customers confident with us. To that end we seek out problem solvers, creative thinkers and engaged individuals that thrive in a fast-paced yet supportive environment.
We believe engaged employees lead to loyal customers, which in turn drives results for our business. We are caring, intense, and approachable, and have a lot of fun along the way. Tuesdays - we have Virtual Trivia Time, Thursdays - you might find us out on the patio playing cornhole, and you never know what to expect on “Friday Funday”.
The Infrastructure Engineering Manager is responsible for the leading the infrastructure engineering team. This role has responsibility some of our most critical capabilities on behalf of our customers, including advanced technical support of network, cybersecurity, server, storage, private cloud and end-point solution operations, monitoring and resolving technical issues, while acting as an integral resource in the deployment of new advanced technology solutions. The Infrastructure Engineering Manager will report to the Vice President of Technology Service Delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
We operate in a fast-paced, ever-changing technology world, so duties and responsibilities can change. Initially you will be responsible for the following key activities and probably a few others based on our focus areas at the time.
- Manage a team of Infrastructure Engineers which includes interviewing, hiring, training, performance feedback and retention
- Set clear objectives, evaluate progress and instill a high performance culture with focus on teamwork, service excellence and empowerment
- Maintain strong relationship with vendors/partners for the purpose of break/fix support, effective and efficient management for services received, and ensuring thorough research, evaluation, and recommendation for the purchase of systems and network hardware, software and solutions.
- Identify and implement infrastructure, network, communications, server, etc. process improvements and automation
- Lead and participate in assessments, project planning, and client meetings
- Ensure high quality deployment of solution upgrades and operations of infrastructure solutions (switches, firewalls, servers, storage, operating systems and software, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring efficient operations
- Manage the complete and timely processing of escalated end-user incidents, requests and problems within the infrastructure team for the purpose of providing excellence in customer service
- Participate in technical research and strategy development, enabling continued advancement within IT
- Provide leadership and advocacy for cross-company product development initiatives
- Maintain high availability for service delivery requests to uphold customer service standards
- Complete complex projects, coordinate workload across team, and provide status updates
- Responsible for effective and efficient security systems support, monitoring, event response, investigation, and mitigation
- Ensure “level 3” support services to the front-line support team
- Lead with an emphasis on scaling and efficiency
- Leverage skill sets across technology and product categories
- Be an awesome colleague and team member to all of Team UFS, helping to grow our Purpose and Culture.
- Empower the team to suggest and drive forward ideas for continuous improvement
We seek energetic candidates and thrive in a learning environment. We have a strong team that will help you learn, but ask our employees to take the initiative for their own development. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Four-year college or two-year technical degree in related field
- Comparable work experience will also be considered
- 5 years of leadership experience in system/network administration
- Recent experience at a Financial Institution (Bank, Credit Union) or a managed services provider (MSP) is a plus but not required
- Demonstrated understanding with Network design and management, cybersecurity solutions, server, storage, and endpoint management
- Server virtualization experience
- Effective project management skills and experience
- Financial acumen and budgeting
Key Attributes that must be maintained
- Commitment to living our Purpose and doing what is best for our clients
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Comfortable taking calculated risks and learning from failure
- High level of integrity
- Ability to work with self-direction and motivation
- Ability to collaborate, communicate and build consensus across the team
- High standard of quality and timeliness when determining personal work goals and schedule
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, usually waist high, up to 50 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Typical office environment
- Travel required