At Moxie we believe that if we have the ability to do good, we have the responsibility to do good. That applies to our customers and our employees. If you are looking for a fun and rewarding opportunity with a family culture, Moxie is the place to be.
Moxie Solar has been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the nation, and we are growing at an incredible pace in an effort to simply do more good. We pride ourselves on the strength of our team members; who are some of the most knowledgeable in the industry. That being said, pay is very competitive.
The Electrician is responsible for completing all AC related work, primarily interconnecting the solar into the existing electrical service. While this does include both roof and ground mounted solar arrays, the Electrician’s work is all handled from ground level. The Electrician is responsible for following all NEC requirements, and meeting with inspectors to ensure final approval is granted.
The work is primarily residential, working on services. We offer company paid training covering the following:
- Solar Electrical/Interconnection
- Tesla Powerwall Certification
- Generac PWRCell (Battery) Certification
A company vehicle is provided for travel from the warehouse to the job site, and hourly wages start once you report to the warehouse in the morning. The work is year round as well.
- Tying new solar arrays that are on roofs, fields, or other structures to existing electrical systems.
- Coordinate with the Solar Installers to ensure a smooth installation.
- Work on residential, agricultural, and commercial projects, although primarily residential.
- Additional tasks as needed and assigned.
- Current Iowa Journeyman/Master Electrician license.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- No solar experience is required, we will provide all of the training.
Compensation and Benefits
- This position will be compensated at $25-$35/hour based on experience.
- Moxie Solar offers outstanding health benefits, paid holidays, retirement plan with 3% company match after six months of service, at-cost solar installation for your home, and company-paid professional development opportunities.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance after 30 days of employment.
- Short and Long Term Disability insurance available after 30 days of employment.
MOXIE is the premier solar and energy savings company. We offer custom start-to-finish solutions for our commercial, agricultural and residential customers. MOXIE placed nationally on the INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list and Solar Power World's 2018, 2019, and 2020 Top Solar Contractors list. The company continues to grow at an impressive trajectory by offering an unparalleled standard of excellence to both its customers and employees. Our mission at MOXIE is to obsessively lead the change to a sustainable world.
Please visit our website at MoxieSolar.com to learn more about our work and our team!