Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403(b))
- Paid time off and 9 company paid holidays
- Short Term Disability after 1 year of employment
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional benefits: Flexible Spending, Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Accident, and Vision
The primary responsibility of the WX Support Supervisor is to assist/monitor/support weatherization services in homes and housing units of program-eligible participants. Under direct supervision from the Weatherization Compliance Director, duties include; assisting weatherization crew work, material & supply pick-up and delivery, monitoring progress and making sure jobs are getting done on time, performing safety checks and vehicle audits, assisting evaluators with field measurements, and overall HACAP weatherization fieldwork compliance. The position requires the skills necessary to ensure HACAP’s weatherization crews are completing housing rehabilitation repairs and lead-based paint interim controls using current construction industry standards and following local codes using at minimum lead-safe work practices.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm; $21.71 hr
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using safe work practices, fulfilling work requirements under time, and budgetary constraints/deadlines using the proper tools, materials, and resources.
- Demonstrate leadership in the area of worker safety. Ensure PPE is being used correctly on job sites. Follow agency time requirements for injury reporting. Proper notification to supervisor on un-safe working conditions.
- Ability to use tools and equipment safely, properly, and perform proper maintenance.
- Perform carpentry, housing rehabilitation, repair, and lead-based paint stabilization following industry standards by following job write-ups/specifications.
- Perform required documentation and reporting which includes daily inventory and material, reporting of time and attendance, vehicle logs, fuel/gas receipt collection and turn in, weekly safety check reporting, and any other required reporting documentation.
- Provide feedback on dangerous situations, liability issues, safety, and health-related issues.
- Ensure the proper use and maintenance of assigned program vehicles, tools, and equipment; notify Crew Supervisor & Program Manager when appropriate maintenance is needed.
- Load and haul necessary materials from vendors and suppliers and deliver to job sites as needed.
- Load and haul ladders, picks, scaffolding, pump jacks, other equipment and deliver/set up to/at job sites as needed.
- Follow Lead Safe Work Practices and ensure WX Crews follow LSWP. Manage the process of turning in daily LSWP photos to the office by all WX Field staff.
- Assist Crew Supervisor as needed with project logs and records.
- Utilize and maintain proper inventory control procedures in WX Vehicles. Deliver weekly WX Field Consumables to WX Crews at job sites.
- Perform weatherization activities following applicable federal/state regulations and utility contracts to ensure consistent quality of work production.
- Attend required work-related training sessions as directed.
- Assist team members in developing to their fullest potential.
- Demonstrate leadership in the area of safety. This requires observing and following safety rules and practices, encouraging safe work behavior, and promptly correcting conditions and unsafe behaviors that may lead to accidents.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow specification write-ups.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Support the organization's mission, vision, values, policy, and procedure by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to HACAP through quality job performance, a sense of responsibility for high achievement, professional appearance, awareness of current events throughout HACAP, and positive promotion of HACAP.
- Consistently work positively and cooperatively with fellow Team Members.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to flexibly changing situations to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Consistently come to work on time, working as scheduled, and leaving at the scheduled time.
- Maintain appropriate attire and good grooming habits to support HACAP’s desire for safe and efficient operations, providing greater service and better customer relations.
- Must possess high integrity and ensure confidentiality of any information concerning an employee, client, family, financial condition, or personal peculiarities is strictly maintained.
- Ensure that personal health information is protected during its collection, use, disclosure, storage, and destruction within HACAP as required by HIPAA.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of six (6) months of hands-on experience performing weatherization and/or housing rehabilitation duties
- Minimum (1) year of experience in a supervisory or leadership role
- Good knowledge of safety practices regarding the proper use of power and/or hand tools and equipment utilized to perform home weatherization/rehabilitation services
Skills and/or Abilities
- Accurately perform routine mathematical computations
- Follow and communicate instructions
- Accurately fill out daily paperwork and reports
- Work with the public in situations requiring tact, poise, and diplomacy
- Work in adverse weather conditions; tight workspaces
- Perform duties independently
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must be able to wear negative pressure respirators. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to drive a pick-up truck, cargo van, or cube van as needed.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Proper safety equipment will be provided when needed based on the work performed
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Willingness to work flexible hours if needed.
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid car insurance
- Ability to complete a spirometry test and physical agility prior to hire
- Attend and successfully complete training in the following topics:
- Construction Safety
- Housing rehabilitation
- Weatherization standards
- Lead Safe Work Practice
- OSHA 10 & 40 hr. & Confined Space Courses
- CPR/First Aid Training
- Basic Auditor
- NEAT/MHEA Software
- Furnace Diagnostics and Combustion Health & Safety
- ASHRAE Indoor Air Quality Standards/Moisture Control
- Energy auditor Certification Training and Testing- within 2 years
- Quality Control Inspector Testing- within 2 years