Classic Industrial Services is dedicated to providing high-quality industrial construction services. We have been in business for over 25 years and our current area of focus includes industrial insulation, scaffolding, siding, and refractory
— Branch Manager
Job Title: Branch Manager
Department: Salt Lake City, UT
Reports to: Vice President
Management Role: Manager
Salary Range: TBD
Summary: The Branch Manager is responsible for the direction, coordination, supervision, and profitability of all activities for a specific office location. This individual will plan, lead, and direct the growth of the branch operations and its people, and execute other assigned duties. He or she is ultimately responsible for the delivery of quality systems and service, to ensure customer satisfaction. This individual communicates all branch financial data, future business growth opportunities, and general economic outlook to the company president. He/she assists in a first-line management capacity to administer company policies, procedures, and best practices, while focusing on the safety, growth, and development of all employees within his/her branch location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplish organization goals within your Branch
- Provide responsible stewardship and development of the organization’s assets to include its talent, customers, and capital
- Develop and clearly communicate a vision and strategy for the branch with corresponding long and short-term operating plans which are in alignment with the overall Company plan.
- Follow all Company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Make Safety/Risk a priority by overseeing your branch safety/risk program and by being directly responsible for your safety/risk performance.
- Develop and improve operating practices which will increase productivity and profitability and are in alignment with your strategic plan.
- Participate in and supervise others in all aspects of your operation, including but not limited to: safety, sales, estimating, design, installation, customer relations, collections, and project management.
- Review/analyze information and reports to identify areas of improvement and create actionable items which your team will use to improve, including but not limited to: branch budget vs actual, sales projections vs backlog/revenue, project projections vs actual, collections effectiveness, over and under billings, indirect costs, overhead costs, etc.
- Grow a sustainable business.
- Ensure branch maintains historical records for future use.
- Form an excellent relationship with customers, key management, and employees of the company.
- Actively participate in events, groups, programs, training, policies and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company and the parent company.
- Find and become involved with growth opportunities for yourself, while having involvement within your community.
- Complete other assigned responsibilities as directed by immediate supervisor or other management personnel
- Teamwork. Ability to work with other business leaders to assist The Company in reaching our overall objectives.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Develop annual reviews with all employees to discuss performance, expectations, goals, and any issues that they may have
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 2-5 years of related experience
- Construction industry experience is required
- This position must execute many tasks simultaneously while maintaining excellent working relationships and superior leadership skills with all level of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills
- High proficiency in MS Word / Excel / Outlook
- Willing to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
Lifting Requirements: Light Work exerting up to 50 lbs.
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions:
This position is primarily office based and most work is done in an office environment. Occasionally this position may require site visits to active construction sites. On a construction site, the employee may be required to climb ladders and walk in areas under construction. While on construction sites, the employee must wear proper protective equipment such as hard hat, eye and hearing protection, high visibility vest, etc. The employee must be familiar with all company safety equipment and is required to follow company safety procedures, prior to entering the construction site
- Walk (move, traverse) Frequently
- Used hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position) Frequently
- Climb (stairs, ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse) Frequently
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information) Constantly
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses) Constantly
- Reaching Often
Equipment and Tools:
Equipment used for job:
Constructions site visits may require: Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, High Visibility Vest, Etc.
List vehicles driven: Light Truck or car
Valid state issued driver’s license and a safe driving record required to operate company vehicle
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.