Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing company and a dynamic accounting team. The Payroll Administrator for Western States Fire Protection will be the lead point of contact on day-to-day payroll activities for 40 branch offices as well as processing weekly payroll for over 1,500 employees, both union and non-union.
- Monthly union reporting for seven different local unions including, but not limited to; reporting of union classifications, fringes and dues, reconciling back to the general leger providing accurate, timely union reports and payments
- Process new hire data into payroll system including, but not limited to; personal information, pay rate and union code data, wage withholding information and exemptions, all payroll deductions and electronic funds transfer data
- Calculate and process all payroll related changes including but not limited to; transfers, terminations, promotions, changes in compensation including salary/rate and retroactive pay increases, as well as other pre- or post-tax deductions
- Process garnishments, calculating per payroll deduction as necessary, following all state and federal guidelines
- Process weekly payroll for 1,500 union and nonunion employees. Process off cycle payroll checks daily for pay corrections, missed time and terminations.
- Timely weekly tax deposits to federal and state agencies.
- Issue manual checks and corresponding void posting to ensure accurate year-to-date earnings for payroll while creating stop payments/ACH deletions or reversals when necessary.
- Record current benefit and standard deductions for all employees into payroll system.
- Provide ad-hoc reports when required and work with staff on payroll related questions including Company audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in accounting, business, finance or related field required
- Minimum of three years of payroll experience, multi state payroll preferred
- FPC or CPP Preferred
- Union experience and/or certified payroll experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of payroll processes, workflow, and practices
- Detail-oriented and able to handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced team environment
- Effective communication skills with the ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Possess multi-tasking skills and can set priorities
- Able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, reference and background check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor