Founded in 1994, Lafayette Group helps public and private agencies enhance the American qualify of life through innovative technologies, strategic planning, and technical support services. Key areas of work include managing public safety communication programs, development of advanced technology, and outreach to State and municipal agencies. Lafayette Group offers its employees a great working environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Lafayette Group is seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates to serve as paid interns in 2020. Our company supports a variety of public safety, emergency communications and cybersecurity projects for Federal, State and local agencies, including the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Department of Commerce and the U.S. Department of Justice.
As an intern, you will be given firsthand, practical experience in performing the roles and responsibilities of a consultant. Intern tasking will include conducting research, collecting and analyzing data for a wide array of projects, and supporting the development of materials for conferences and meetings. You will be supported by an on-site supervisor who will be available to support you in learning about Lafayette Group’s mission and potential future opportunities within the organization. With less than 90 full-time employees, you will find that Lafayette Group is a tight-knit company with employees from a variety of backgrounds that are energetic, enthusiastic, and willing to help.
During your internship with Lafayette Group you will:
- Work closely with project teams to plan, coordinate and conduct activities related to project milestones
- Collaborate with project teams on conducting research, analysis and reporting
- Assist in the development of products (ex. presentations, fact sheets, meeting summaries)
- Be assigned a mentor to provide guidance throughout your internship
- Explore opportunities for potential full-time employment
Period & Duration of Internship: The internship will be for a minimum of three (3) months for at least 20 hours per week. Applicants are requested to please indicate your preferred start and end date.
Compensation: This internship position is paid. Lafayette Group encourages candidates to earn academic credit for their internship through their school if eligible.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent research, data gathering, analytical, critical thinking, and listening skills
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically and learn quickly
- Ability to meet deadlines and adhere to project plans
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to interact and network effectively with all levels of staff
- Experience with consulting in a professional or internship environment
- Experience and/or education background in homeland security and/or public safety operations or technology
This positions involves working on federal contracts that require all workers on the contract to be U.S. Citizens. Additionally, some contracts may require the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Lafayette Group provides equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions based on race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation.