Due to the COVID-19 health crisis, the initial interviews for this job opening will be conducted via video or phone, follow by in-person interview. We are looking to fill this role immediately.
Wharton-Smith, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Assistant Project Manager to work in the Water Division in the Jacksonville, FL area. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible to assist the project team with the overall performance of the project(s) from the estimating/pre-construction phase to successful completion including safety, owner satisfaction, cost, schedule and quality control.
- Build strong relationships with client/owner, architect, and engineer. Ensure they will want to renew the construction experience with Wharton-Smith.
- Maintain a positive image of the company with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and team members.
- Partner with Preconstruction Services regarding value engineering/constructability, soliciting bidders, estimating assistance and generating proposals.
- Set up and maintain project cost accounting.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the project schedule utilizing Primavera Project Planning (P6).
- Support the permitting, testing and inspection requirements of the project. QAA/QC review/assurance.
- Familiar with owner contract requirements and delivery methods.
- Negotiate subcontractor agreements and equipment/material purchase orders.
- Develop a Schedule of Values and generate monthly payment applications.
- Review and approve subcontractor pay applications and vendor invoices.
- Track and evaluate subcontractor change management.
- Facilitate subcontractor and owner coordination/progress meeting and document meeting minutes.
- Monitor the submittal, shop drawing, and purchase order process to insure accurate and timely delivery of equipment and materials.
- Assist with monitoring budgets, schedules, cost reports and job progress and review with the project team on a weekly basis.
- Visit jobsites on a regular basis to review job progress, production planning boards, quality of work and safety on the job.
- Manage startup and commissioning of facility, where applicable.
- Provide owner training to the end user and turn-over contract close-out deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or other relevant degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Developing leader and team player with three plus years of experience in engineering, construction, or related field.
- Proven success in the completion of multimillion-dollar projects.
- Computer-based CPM Scheduling Programs.
- Construction Management Software.
- Microsoft Office Products.
- Primavera Project Planning (P6).
Job seekers should be aware of potential job scams. Wharton-Smith will not ask candidates to pay money upfront, or provide banking information during the interview process. We will not ask a candidate to pay a fee for a background check, or to purchase work-at-home equipment or materials prior to starting work. We require a face-to-face interview with candidates before we make a job offer. For more information, please go to the Federal Trade Commission website.