"INNOVATIVE AND RESOURCEFUL PROFESSIONALS PROVIDING POSITIVE CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCES AND CREATING PROUD CLIENTS, EMPLOYEES AND COMMUNITIES"
- Full Time, Hourly Position
- Health Insurance – Premiums are paid 100% by Jackson for you and your family – including medical, dental, vision, short term disability and life insurance.
- Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan – Contributions paid 100% by Jackson, instant vesting.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Safety Bonus Program
- 50/50 Harness & Prescription Safety Glass Financial Assistance
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Carpenter Apprenticeship Program
- Year-Round Work
- Subsistence provided when working out of town.
- And much more!
To see more benefits offered, please refer to our Careers page.
- 5- plus year's commercial construction experience desired.
- Completion of a two-year carpentry program through a trade school and/or accredited carpenter's apprenticeship program desired.
The Carpenter performs skilled carpentry work in the construction, maintenance, alteration and repair of buildings, structures, equipment and other structures made all or partially of wood, metal and concrete. The Carpenter must also perform general rough and finish carpentry construction, alteration and maintenance work on structures, scaffolding, forms, fences, signs, furniture and other temporary fixtures such as barricades, staking and storage areas. The position may assist other craft workers.
- Operate power tools of all types and styles, including all other standard carpentry tools, to perform all aspects of the trade such as measuring, cutting and shaping wood, plastic, drywall and other materials.
- Performs materials handling and storage.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Performs manual work in preparing areas for construction.
- Build and position forms for pouring concrete, dismantle forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails or bolts.
- Perform aspects of rough carpentry including, but not limited to, framing windows and doors, sub-flooring and stairs.
- Perform aspects of finish carpentry including, but not limited to, trim, molding, furniture and casework.
- Erect and take down scaffolding.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in construction projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The position is required to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects and uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limbed coordination. The position requires full mobility of the back, arms and legs in the course of performing this job. The employee must have excellent stamina.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is exposed to wet, cold, heat, quickly changing conditions, work near moving mechanical parts, work in high precarious places, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat.
Headquartered in Missoula, Montana, Jackson Contractor Group, Inc. (Jackson) offers superior General Contracting, Construction Management and Design-Build services. Established in 2000, Jackson has quickly become a regional general contractor employed by local, state, and federal agencies as well as private clients. We provide a highly technical and sophisticated construction management service while operating on a local and personal level.
We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by combining capabilities and know-how found in large construction companies with the responsiveness of a small company. We have the size and resources to tackle a broad range of projects in different market sectors including Education, Commercial, Public/Government, Healthcare/Labs, Civil/Transportation and Residential. Our expertise covers the full range of construction services allowing us to oversee a project from inception through warranty.
We currently employ over 200 employees across Montana and Washington with offices in Missoula, Bozeman, and Miles City, MT and Walla Walla and Spokane, WA. At Jackson, we are in an exciting time of growth but also take pride in maintaining our culture and values consisting of safety, communication, quality, integrity and pride, not necessarily in that order. To do that we encourage all of our employees to build relationships through honest, open-minded and effective communication, pursue learning, growth and self-improvement, complete everything with a pride of ownership and create a positive work-life balance.