Beacon Electrical Services
Our team seeks an Electrician Apprentice to learn on-the-job under the supervision of a journeyman electrician. The apprenticeship will teach you how to assess and repair electrical problems on residential job sites. As an Electrician Apprentice, you will complete both hands-on projects on job sites and coursework in a classroom setting. Depending on your previous electrical experiences, your duties will include basic tasks and progress to more skill-based tasks as you gain more experience. Beacon’s Apprentice program includes four Levels based on the amount of time working in the field and successful completion of formal electrical coursework. While working at Beacon Electrical Services, Apprentices will be reimbursed, upon successful completion, for taking company approved electrical courses.
Training Objective: Beacon Electrical Services is committed to helping Beacon Apprentices gain technical knowledge and progress in their goal to become an independent Technician with their own assigned Beacon service truck.
Electrician Apprentice Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist a journeyman electrician and follow instructions
- Prepare and clean service truck and work areas
- Carry and deliver materials
- Install, repair, and maintain various electrical wiring systems and equipment
- Use measuring equipment and hand tools to perform conduit work
- Follow safety codes and building regulations
- Apprentices are expected maintain a professional appearance which includes wearing Beacon uniforms each day·
Electrician Apprentice Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Electrical experience required, preferably one year experience
- Completion of electrician training program preferred
- Able to diagnose problems using electronic test equipment
- Knowledge of NEC electrical codes
- Eagerness to learn electrical schematics and blueprint reading skills
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
What we offer:
- Employee Medical Insurance with dental and vision options.
- New technology, including iPad and access to integrated software.
- State of the art tools, parts and supplies
- 401k Plan with a company match.
- A family. This is last on the list because it’s most important. We care about our team, and expect you to bring that same caring when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company outings,and you’ll build life-long friendships at Beacon Electrical Services.
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job – make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by
your team and customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company. If this sounds like you, spend a little time learning about us by visiting www.BeaconElectricalServices.com. When you're ready, please follow the directions at www.beaconelectricalservices.com to apply for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers