ReVision Energy’s South Portland location is looking for a Solar Installer - Electrical Apprentice to join our growing team. Come be a part of our In-House electrical Apprenticeship.
ReVision Energy was founded in 2003 by two solar geeks in a garage and has grown to over 300 employee-owners spread across our physical locations in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. Our offerings of products have grown to include solar panels, battery backup systems, electric vehicle infrastructure, heat pumps, and water heating equipment.
As a 100% employee-owned company and a Certified B Corp, ReVision Energy is on a mission to lead our community in solving the environmental problems caused by fossil fuels while alleviating economic and social injustice.
ReVision Energy is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an inclusive culture where employees from diverse backgrounds can thrive and support our mission. Our recruitment team looks at the whole picture; personal, professional, and non-traditional experience, as well as community involvement.
The safety, health, and well-being of our co-owners and our communities is of primary importance. We have implemented additional measures to assure that those we work and share spaces with adhere to COVID and general safety best practices.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Solar Installer-Electrical Apprentice position is part of the installation and service team responsible for the highest quality installation of solar electric (PV) and other complimentary systems for our clients. This position includes, but is not limited to, working with our solar electric installation teams in both residential and commercial settings. Work includes loading/unloading equipment, staging and ladder work, using hand tools and carrying equipment on rooftops, installing conduit, wiring, and monitoring systems.
Role and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist the Lead Installer/Project Manager with quality solar electric installations
- Assist with project loading to ensure all necessary materials and tools arrive on the job site.
- Assist with overall crew and job site safety.
- Help maintain tools and trucks in excellent condition.
- Assist with general site preparation and clean up.
- Participate in our In-House Apprentice program (RETC)
- Must have a clean and valid driver’s record
- Must have excellent customer service skills in every interaction.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with others.
- Must be able to comfortably lift 40 lbs, climb ladders, work on roofs and in crawl spaces in varying hot and cold temperatures.
- Familiarity with hand tools and basic construction techniques.
- Teamwork – able to establish collaborative working relationships with peers and supervisors.
- Basic computer competence including Excel, Word and other commonly used software, including internet and email.
- Code of Conduct – act accordingly as a guest at our customer’s home.
- Strong desire to work for a renewable energy company, and interest in developing professionally.
Preferred Licenses or Additional Qualifications
- OSHA 10 hour safety course
- College Degree
- Solar certification/training