Classic Industrial Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing high-quality industrial construction services. We have been in business for over 25 years and our current area of focus includes industrial insulation, scaffolding, siding, heat trace and refractory services. We have growing branches in North Carolina, Gulf South, MidWest, Western, and Southwest regions with the Corporate office conveniently located near Highland Road in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Financial Reporting Analyst
Reports to: Controller
Located: Baton Rouge, LA
The Financial Reporting Analyst supports the accuracy of financial statements and budgeting processes for a growing organization. This individual is also expected to solve complex business and accounting issues, have a strong work ethic and be dedicated to producing high-quality work. This position will work closely with the Controller and will have an opportunity for promotion to Accounting Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparation, review, and accuracy of business activities within the department, including executing financial close activities, supporting existing business practices, performing internal control self-assessments, preparing forecasts and annual business plans, and supporting ongoing process improvements.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial statements and review of account reconciliations.
- Reviewing results to ensure consistent application of accounting principles to financial transactions.
- Perform weekly review of job cost to determine if billings and/or project status are accurately presented based on current weeks results.
- Prepare and analyze end of year audit workpapers and schedules.
- Work closely with the Controller in developing effective and efficient policies, procedures and protocol for accounting operation
- Support Controller in ensuring compliance in with controls, financial, insurance, business licensing and other payroll related filings.
- Assist the Controller and other Operational Leaders with special projects, including analysis of regional business plans.
- Maintain, with management, a sufficient control environment, in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Accounting
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written)
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Experience working with Work in Progress and construction accounting, a plus
- Public accounting and industry experience, a plus
- Walk (move, traverse) Frequently
- Used hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position) Frequently
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information) Constantly
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses) Constantly
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.