Title: LMS Specialist
Type: Full-Time, Non-exempt
About Wright Service Corp:
Wright Service Corp. (WSC) is a prominent leader in several environmental services industries, as the parent company to Wright Tree Service, Wright Outdoor Solutions, CNUC, Terra Spectrum Technologies, Sustainable Environmental Consultants and Wright Tree Service of the West. Wright Service Corp. has been employee owned since 2002 and headquartered in Central Iowa since 1933, when Wright Tree Service was founded by John L. Wright.
Together as a family of companies, Wright Service Corp. provides integrated vegetation management, technology solutions, consulting and operations, commercial environmental products, and residential and commercial landscaping, tree care, and other outdoor services.
From entry-level positions to management roles, WSC is committed to providing our employee-owners the training and resources needed for a fulfilling career. As our company continues to grow, new opportunities are available. WSC is currently seeking an LMS Specialist to join our team in West Des Moines, IA!
The LMS Specialist is an entry-level position responsible for supporting the administration, functionality and improvement of the Cornerstone Learning Management System (LMS), called Wright Service Corp. University (WSCU). This role will support and collaborate with the LMS Administrator, who manages the LMS and relationships within the organization who use the LMS.
- Assist with the administration, maintenance and management of the learning management system (LMS)
- Manage the LMS Help Desk email inbox, assisting field employees with LMS enrollment and/or course issues
- Assist with LMS data integrations
- Generate standard and custom transcript reports as needed by the business
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of the LMS system enhancements and upgrades
- Perform regular quality assurance within the LMS
- Assist with the maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs), best practices and guidelines for internal use of the LMS
- Build and manage curriculum structure through establishing course programs in collaboration with the LMS Administrator
- Maintain subject matter expertise of the LMS through on the job training, continuing education, workshops and vendor conferences
- Perform other duties as assigned or related
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Communication, Multimedia Design, Graphic Design or a related field
- 2 to 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above
- Strong knowledge and application of adult learning theory and instructional design principles with a focus on eLearning, virtual design, graphic design and training methodologies utilizing the latest interactive learning technologies
- Ability to set-up, record and edit video and audio segments to support learning initiatives
- Strong working knowledge of various authoring and eLearning development tools; e.g., Articulate Storyline, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere and Adobe Audition
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Strong communication, presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to translate technical terminology into readable content
- Highly creative with the ability to think outside the box
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Knowledge of HTML is a plus
Wright Service Corp. Offers:
- ‘Dress for Your Day’ Clothing Policy. Casual dress M-F which includes jeans!
- Competitive pay & great benefits including vacation, medical, dental, vision, education assistance, volunteer opportunities… just to name a few!
- Wellness Program & Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- 401k & ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – a retirement plan completely funded by the company!
- Team Thursdays – an office-wide team building event that occurs throughout the year.
- Rich culture – driven by private ownership and intentional leadership
A pre-employment drug screen and background check are a condition of employment.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.wrighttree.com/careers/ and submit an application.