Title: eLearning Designer/Developer I
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
About Wright Service Corp:
Wright Service Corp. (WSC) is a prominent leader in several environmental services industries, as the parent company to Wright Tree Service, Wright Outdoor Solutions, CNUC, Terra Spectrum Technologies, Sustainable Environmental Consultants and Wright Tree Service of the West. Wright Service Corp. has been employee owned since 2002 and headquartered in Central Iowa since 1933, when Wright Tree Service was founded by John L. Wright.
Together as a family of companies, Wright Service Corp. provides integrated vegetation management, technology solutions, consulting and operations, commercial environmental products, and residential and commercial landscaping, tree care, and other outdoor services.
From entry-level positions to management roles, WSC is committed to providing our employee-owners the training and resources needed for a fulfilling career. As our company continues to grow, new opportunities are available. WSC is currently seeking an eLearning Designer/Developer I to join our team in West Des Moines, IA!
The eLearning Designer/Developer I will collaborate with subject matter experts, management, and business stakeholders to ensure employees within our family of companies receive appropriate, effective, job-related training to cultivate their skills and knowledge. The eLearning Designer/Developer I will utilize effective and up-to-date training methodologies to design and develop online trainings with instructional activities and materials that effectively incorporate adult learning principles.
- Facilitate needs assessments when working with stakeholders to identify training gaps
- Identify and procure, or design and develop effective training programs to address needs
- Monitor and evaluate training programs to ensure they are current and effective
- Develop project plans, storyboards and scripts for eLearning and video training
- Create, revise and maintain eLearning content using Articulate 360 and other eLearning platforms
- Integrate emerging instructional methods and technologies into eLearning
- Create and capture multimedia and video products for use in training
- Manipulate and edit digital imagery, videos and audio recordings for online training
- Develop graphics and design materials for classroom-based training and online training (eLearning and video) including instructor guides, student guides and PowerPoint presentations
- Develop instructional programs that leverage new technologies and multimedia
- Apply interactive design and learning principles to instructional solutions for adult learners
- Create and maintain course evaluations, transcript reports for online and classroom training courses, and compile and communicate these to measure training effectiveness
- Collaborate with other Training & Development team members on new and innovative ways to maximize training effectiveness
- Review of all training material for accuracy before approving and publishing to users
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date monthly training calendar
- Perform other duties as assigned or related
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Communication, Multimedia Design, Graphic Design or a related field
- 2 to 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above
- Strong knowledge and application of adult learning theory and instructional design principles with a focus on eLearning, virtual design, graphic design and training methodologies utilizing the latest interactive learning technologies
- Ability to set-up, record and edit video and audio segments to support learning initiatives
- Strong working knowledge of various authoring and eLearning development tools; e.g., Articulate Storyline, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere and Adobe Audition
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Strong communication, presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to translate technical terminology into readable content
- Highly creative with the ability to think outside the box
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Knowledge of HTML is a plus
Wright Service Corp. Offers:
- 'Dress for Your Day' Clothing Policy. Casual dress M-F which includes jeans!
- Competitive pay & great benefits including vacation, medical, dental, vision, education assistance, volunteer opportunities...just to name a few!
- Wellness Program & Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- 401k & ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) - a retirement plan completely funded by the company!
- Team Thursdays - an office-wide team building event that occurs throughout the year.
- Rich culture - driven by private ownership and intentional leadership
A pre-employment drug screen and background check are a condition of employment.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.wrighttree.com/careers/ and submit an application.