Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, paid time off, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care and Health Care)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
Balfour Beatty Rail is looking for talented individuals to join our team in Long Beach, CA. We are currently hiring for a Signals and Communications (S&C) Supervisor. The S&C Supervisor is responsible for all management of S&C signal systems, inspection activities, maintenance/installation programs and employees on an assigned territory.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage assigned personnel to ensure signal and communications work is performed adhering to Balfour Beatty and Federal Railroad Administration (FRA / CPUC) standards.
- Direct maintainers, recommend appropriate corrective actions to resolve performance issues, as well as respond and resolve grievances.
- Build safety compliance and improve safety results through efficiency testing and safety walkabouts.
- Provide positive and constructive feedback as well as coaching.
- Plan, implement, and manage Capital projects to ensure execution of the plan within Balfour Beatty and FRA standards.
- Derailments and Disruptions.
- Participate in activities related to derailments and disruptions in service, while working with other departments to determine cause and avoid future issues.
This role requires flexibility with: irregular hours; including nights, weekends, and holidays and a combination of office work and working outdoors in varying weather and environmental conditions. The incumbent must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, meet deadlines, interface with senior management and respond to unexpected or emergency situations. This position requires occasional travel for company business, at times without advance notice.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- 2 year technical degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in signals and communications. Extensive knowledge of S&C systems infrastructure and related safety appliances, S&c project management, applicable regulatory signal systems, general applicable regulatory signal systems, general instruction, railway S&C standards and standard S&C specifications and procedures.
- Minimum 2 years of S&C maintainer experience.
- Minimum 2 years prior supervisory experience.
- Good computer skills: Understanding of Basic networking, Serial communication as it relates to downloading and programing field equipment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word).
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.