At Jamar, we are known as a company with the highest standards of work and have a reputation for solid customer service. Our business is built on quality products, expert installation, and most importantly a team of committed and successful individuals. We are currently looking to fill our team with people that have a good work ethic, not afraid of heights, ability to work flexible schedules and can travel regionally, as needed for service project work.
We are happy to work with people that are willing to learn our trade!
Position Description: Under the direction of project manager/lead service technician, the roofing services apprentice learns, assists, and performs commercial roof repairs, maintenance, inspections, leak service calls, small roof replacements, and roof coatings. Ensure timely professional behavior and courteous response to customers, and consistently maintains compliance with company safety procedures.
Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul and Surrounding Areas
Status: Part-Full time
- Experience working with hand/power tools, able to climb ladders, and working at heights.
- Knowledge of the construction industry or field service experience in any type of construction preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read and use tape measure; mark or record measurements and distances.
- Ability to work safely, paying attention to the details of each task and working environment.
- A valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and transportation to different job sites
- Ability to work flexible schedules and willing to travel regionally for specific project work.
- Willing to become a member of the local roofing union, Local 96.
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug test per union requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide support to lead roofing service technicians as needed for project specific work.
- Prep and set up at work sites as directed by lead. Inspect equipment, structures and materials.
- Evaluate approach to work and determine compliance with standards and company safety policies and procedures
- Assist, learn, and perform commercial roof repairs, maintenance, inspections, leak services calls, roof cleaning, small roof replacements, and roof coatings as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Safety techniques and procedures
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work on a team
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions in order to accomplish work
- Ability to use oral or written communication to convey information effectively
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize task and meet deadlines
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don’t just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people – the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment