Human Resources Consultant
(Flexible Hours and Schedule)
Do you have good 'people-instincts', and broad HR knowledge?
Do you have a balance of good judgment and self-confidence to be able to give advise that's needed, but not always wanted?
Alternative HRD, LLC serves as the Human Resources Department for a wide range of small to mid-sized employers in the five-state area who have no HR professional on staff. We also work with larger employers who outsource HR projects to us, or who need interim and or transitional HR services. We have a team of highly dedicated and experienced HR pros who not only work on a strategic level with business owners and CEOs, but who also do the heavy lifting when our clients need to add people, train people, lead people or even let go of people. While we are based in Sioux Falls, many of our clients have offices and/or employees in other states.
Because more and more employers recognize the need for HR service and support, the demand for our services keeps growing, which means we need even more HR professionals on our team!
If you are an HR professional with 5 to 7 or more years of generalist experience, or if you have specialized knowledge and experience in talent acquisition, diversity and inclusion, performance management, compensation and benefits, we'd like to talk! We have opportunities in what we think is the most unique (and enjoyable) HR Department in the Midwest!
As an HR Consultant (or Project Manager) for Alternative HRD, you may be asked to:
- Conduct HR Risk Assessments
- Manage Human Resource functions for retainer clients
- Assist clients with recruiting and screening
- Implement HR processes and systems
- Review and update job descriptions, employment handbooks, etc.
- Consult with key executives re. HR objectives and recommend strategies
- Coach managers and supervisors re. personnel and performance issues
- Assure that clients comply with federal and state employment laws
- Assist with compensation and benefits analysis
- BA/BS in business, HR or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of successful HR management experience; broad HR knowledge
- Business, accounting and payroll experience helpful
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed
- Strong organizational and project management skills necessary
- Must be highly competent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe
- Confident, professional, positive, with ability to work with deadlines
- Ability/willingness to travel to client locations (generally in SE South Dakota)
- HR certification or advanced degree preferred
Benefits include flexible hours, PTO accrual, retirement plan, continuing education allowance, supplemental insurance and an awesome, collaborative team with which to work! Primarily requires weekday hours; considerable flexibility, depending on assignments. For more information, check out our website: www.alternativehrd.com!