MEARS GROUP, INC
ENGINEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
Mears Group, Inc. is seeking a qualified Engineer at our Rosebush, Michigan office to complement our Integrity Solutions Engineering team.
This individual will be responsible for data collection, research and analyses for corrosion and pipeline integrity-related projects. This individual will be performing detailed analyses and data evaluation for client pipelines and facilities. This individual will also be responsible for providing oversight of field inspection teams, creating technical reports, interacting with customers and occasional travel to client facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Metallurgical or Materials Engineers are preferred, however Electrical and Mechanical Engineers will be considered
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Must be able to prioritize tasking efficiently and effectively under time constraints.
- Ability to multi-task and a commitment to development of technical and leadership skills
- Ability to tailor communications with various audiences
- Exhibit great attention to detail
- Willingness to develop skills and certifications through applicable industry organizations, such as NACE International and the American Petroleum Institute (API)
Working Environment / Physical Demands:
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; stoop; reach; climb; bend; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- This position is largely a sitting role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.