Founded in 1994, Lafayette Group helps public and private agencies enhance the American qualify of life through innovative technologies, strategic planning, and technical support services. Key areas of work include managing public safety communication programs, development of advanced technology, and outreach to State and municipal agencies. Lafayette Group offers its employees a great working environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Lafayette Group is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader to manage programs/projects and multi-disciplinary teams, foster client relationships, and ensure successful client delivery for Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) programs. These programs involve many of our Nation’s highest homeland security priorities such as risk management, cybersecurity, election security, countering foreign influence, secure 5G deployment, supply chain security, and enabling secure and interoperable emergency/public safety communications. This position will involve working closely with senior clients to understand program challenges and opportunities and to create strategies for change and leading teams of consultants and SMEs to work alongside clients in implementing solutions. The Senior Manager will also be expected to mentor and develop junior team members and take on significant roles with account management and business development efforts.
- 10+ years of external client-facing management consulting experience for government agencies
- 5+ years of program/project management experience developing/managing scope, budget, and schedule
- Demonstrated experience leading consulting engagements, managing multi-disciplinary teams, and advising senior level clients
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience designing/developing communications products in a variety of formats
- Demonstrated problem-solving, solution development, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience working and building relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to quality assurance
- Ability to interact and network effectively with all levels of staff, including senior leadership
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and to think conceptually, strategically, and learn quickly
- Ability to meet deadlines, adhere to project plans, and work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to identify and mitigate risks to the program
- Experience managing people including career planning, providing feedback, and performance reviews
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government public trust clearance or suitability
- Experience supporting Department of Homeland Security (DHS) programs and clients
- Expertise relevant to CISA programs
- Experience and/or interest in a broad set of management consulting (e.g., strategic planning, organizational change management, risk analysis/management, supply chain) and technology (e.g., data analytics, business intelligence, cybersecurity, 5G) tools and concepts
The primary locations for this position are in Tysons Corner VA and/or Arlington VA. (Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the primary locations for this position are temporarily closed, and staff have been asked to telework until further notice).
This position involves working on federal contracts that require all workers on the contract to be U.S. Citizens. Additionally, some contracts may require the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Lafayette Group provides equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions based on race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation.