Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
This position reports to the Manager and is responsible for providing support in the office.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Follows all safety guidelines and established safe work practices as established by the company
- Assist new hire with required paperwork
- Set-up/Maintenance of hard copy files
- Effectively communicate with various departments
- Construct and maintain daily crew schedule based on customer need dates and opening availability – able to prioritize the workload and make changes as needed to minimize down time and commute time for meter tech
- Effectively communicate with customers to schedule meter installation appointments, explain the steps in the process, what is required from the customer and what to expect from our meter installation representative
- Be able to address upset customer, handle customer complaints to achieve resolution and satisfaction for the customers
- Able to enter new service information, and service data changes including CAD-like as built sketches
- Word processing, proofreading and formatting of the Processes and Procedures
- Willingness to work extended hours, as required, based on workload
- Performs general administrative duties, other duties and tasks as assigned by management
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Industry-leading benefits; health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 401(k)
- Hourly rate ranging from $18.00-$22.00 based on experience
What is Required?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Possess high level of attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Good writing and editing skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency or above in Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of general office machines/phones
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.