Strategic Insight, Ltd., is seeking a System Modeler to support the AEGIS Program at the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Dahlgren Division.
As a System Modeler, the candidate will apply expertise in architecture and model-based systems engineering (MBSE) to the development and evaluation of complex combat systems and supporting infrastructures. Develop and implement system models to support development and integration of new and future combat systems. This may also include efforts to modernize current combat systems. This includes modeling system and subsystems with the intent to create a verifiable model. The individual may also be modeling specific system performance parameters for predictive analysis and potentially for early prototyping.
- Generation of functional requirements;
- Requirements traceability;
- Integrated architecture design;
- Sensor and architecture modeling;
- Interface definition across subsystems/components and other external systems;
Success for working in this position looks like:
- Bachelors of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with DOORS to include the following experience:
- Manipulate views and export information into other formats
- Add and remove links
- Minimum 5 years Demonstrated knowledge of Navy AEGIS Combat systems engineering and integration, and analysis of Surface Warfare and Combat Systems or the elements that comprise these systems.
- Specific experience in system modeling using UML/SysML/DoDAF and associated Modeling software.
- Knowledge/Experience with No Magic – MagicDraw modeling software
- Broad system engineering experience including early concept development, requirements analysis, design, test and evaluation, and risk assessment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with NSWC Dahlgren Division staff at all levels, consultants, and other government staff – be a team player.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence, discretion, and personal initiative.
- Self-starter, goal oriented, provides timely feedback on progress made on assignments.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks, handle complex assignments, maintain status across several stakeholders, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral, written, and telephone communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy in completing assignments, including good proof reading, grammar, and analytical skills.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants must have an active Interim Secret DoD clearance at a minimum, with final Secret preferred.
Strategic Insight, Ltd. is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, and has a significant historical presence supporting the Naval Surface Warfare Center in Dahlgren, King George, Virginia. Strategic Insight, Ltd. was established 1985, and for its’ 35 years has been committed to sustaining excellence and quality growth across our workforce as we strive to improve our clients’ services and products. Strategic Insight staff members enjoy opportunities for growth and are provided with robust benefits from healthcare and 401K to merit bonuses.
Originally established in 1918 as a naval proving ground for testing gun weapon systems, NSWC Dahlgren Division has evolved to focus on advances in technology in Warfare Systems Development and Integration. The NSWC Dahlgren Division is a leading research, development, testing, and engineering (RDT&E) organization within the Department of the Navy. You will have the opportunity to make a real impact in this RDT&E community by supporting the AEGIS Program to deliver innovative, affordable, and effective solutions for the Navy and in support of joint and national initiatives. This is a rewarding job where top-level people come to you for assistance.
Diversity: All staff members are expected to accomplish their work in a businesslike manner, and always be courteous toward all other staff members, clients, business associates, guests, and visitors. All staff members should be treated in a manner free from bias, favoritism, and any form of illegal discrimination.
Ethics: All members of Strategic Insight should be marked by a commitment to excellence, professional integrity, self-discipline and wise judgment. Our employees reflect this by attention to detail, comprehensive staff work, and honorable behavior.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Strategic Insight, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.