Company Name: Fischer Paper Products
Job Title: HR Director
Location: Antioch, IL
This role is required to work onsite full-time at our newly-built headquarters in Antioch, IL.
You are an innovative and experienced Human Resources leader who is accustomed to performing as a strategic partner to the executive leadership team. You are confident in your abilities and are not hesitant with discussions and recommendations at all levels of the organization. You exhibit the highest levels of integrity and pride yourself on being a positive influence on company culture.
You desire a lead HR position with a growing company where you make a difference and oversee a small HR team. You enjoy a blend of strategic and tactical work while having daily interactions with employees and managers. You bring a data-driven approach and passion for improving the employee lifecycle.
Who We Are
With a 40+ year history, Fischer Paper Products is a successful, stable, and respected supplier to the foodservice industry specializing in providing quick, customized paper packaging solutions.
Fischer Paper Products is positioned for exciting growth and innovation. Continuous improvement is the foundation of our growth, allowing us to serve our customers in ways that ensure long-term mutual success. We seek employees who strive to meet these standards in a safe and rewarding working environment.
Fischer Paper Products offers a strong potential for growth, a business casual work environment, competitive wage commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, disability, vacation, 401(k) retirement savings matching contribution, and more.
As the Human Resources Director, you will have oversight and responsibility for providing strategic guidance in all human resource activities of the organization, which include planning, directing, coordinating, and executing.
This position will serve as a thought partner and HR advisor to the President, General Manager, and Management Team with oversight of organizational design and change, talent acquisition and management, employee development and engagement, employee relations, compensation and benefits, compliance, coaching and performance management, learning and development, and workplace culture, environment, and safety.
- Develop and implement an HR plan that aligns with the overall mission and strategy of the organization, resulting in innovative best practices and policies that will serve the full range of Company HR needs
- Gain an understanding of the organization and participate fully in all strategic deliberations
- Optimize the HR function/team, modernize and refine key processes and activities aligned toward achieving strategic objectives
- Implement a vision for HR to ensure a high-performing culture of success, accountability, transparency, and collaboration and to ensure fair and consistent treatment of all employees
- Provide HR guidance on special projects, talent reviews, training, change management, organizational design and strategic human capital planning
- Develop comprehensive approaches to employee development, retention and onboarding by refining or creating: compensation and benefits, career paths and employee development, succession planning, and learning opportunities as appropriate to the needs of the Company
- Conduct needs assessment in partnership with business leaders to identify organizational development needs; recommend tactics and learning modalities to address key opportunity areas and provide consultation to enable implementation of tactics
- Develop short and long-term training and development strategies and corresponding execution plans aligned to overall business need
- Own the technology, structure, and communication for the performance management process. This includes goal setting, regular one-on-one meetings, and performance calibration processes, ensuring alignment to corporate strategic goals
- Create and implement a succession planning process for the organization. This should include replacement planning, as well as leadership readiness assessment tools for all levels of the organization. This should be in collaboration with our growth plans to ensure timing of key roles
- Develops appropriate metrics and tracking mechanisms, service-level agreements and other planning and measurement tools to build accountability and measure results, impact and cost-effectiveness of the team
- Designs and implements meaningful and effective diversity and branding initiatives; develops sourcing strategies to promote diversity in the workplace; ensures compliance with local country employment laws and U.S. affirmative action plans
- Takes the business needs and supports improvement in processes through the effective utilization of HR systems by developing a product vision, strategic roadmap linked to business outcomes
- Develop audit and quality assurance processes to ensure data integrity; accountable for HR data accuracy and security
- Prepare and manage performance for various reports and budgets for the department and initiating cost savings directives
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and requirements and keeping executive team informed of critical developments
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other employees, working as a team player
- Strive to perform in a highly effective manner to ensure Fischer customers receive excellent service and quality products
- Strive to support the Fischer Brand Essence by performing in a highly responsive, collaborative, mindful, and personal manner
- Adhere at all times to all Company policies and procedures
o Responsible for Food Safety through compliance to the following Policies and Procedures:
o Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
o Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
o Knife Policy; Glass and Brittle Plastic Policy
o Sanitation Procedures; Pest Control Procedure; Non-Conforming Product Procedure
- Perform other additional duties as needed and assigned by the President & Owner
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree preferred
- Professional HR Certification such as SPHR or SHRM-SCP desired
- Must have 8-10 years’ experience in strategic Human Resources management with a focus on talent acquisition and management in a growing organization
- Experience with manufacturing or production environment highly preferred
- Deep knowledge of key human resources functions (e.g. compensation, compliance, operations, employee relations) and the ability to act as a strategic partner to business
- Must be a “hands on” leader in bringing process discipline and a focus on achieving tangible goals that are consistent with the winning, high performance culture of the company
- Superior interpersonal communication skills are required as well as effective consultative skills, sound business judgment, and independent decision-making
- Strong ability to bring immediate credibility to the human resources function through professional qualifications, integrity, and leadership skills
- Knowledgeable of relevant local, state, and federal employment laws
- Accuracy, detail orientation and analytical skills needed with the ability to analyze data and make recommendations to management.
- Significant experience in working across functions and leading and delivering on complex projects
- Demonstrated success serving as a change agent and influencer of positive work culture and environment for all employees
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
Founded in 1901, MRA is a nonprofit employer association that serves more than 4,000 employers, covering more than one million employees.
As one of the largest employer associations in the nation, MRA helps its member organizations thrive by offering the most comprehensive assortment of HR services, information, education, and resources to help build successful workplaces and a powerful workforce.
We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.