Mears Group, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Group, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
Project Accountant / FP&A Manager
This position will be responsible for job cost reporting, variance analysis, budgeting and forecasting, contract analysis, assisting in the month-end close, and other financial analysis and reporting as required. This position will partner with Operations to help drive successful bottom line performance. In coordination with the entire F&A team, this position is responsible for adherence to the Division’s accounting principles, procedures, practices, reporting and compliance requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly financial reports that summarize and forecast the Division’s business activity and financial position in regards to income and expenses and budget/forecast versus actual performance
- Analyze financial reports for variances from forecasted, budgeted, and benchmarked performance and provide explanations and recommendations for continuous improvement
- Preparation, evaluation and accuracy of Division’s budgets, forecasts, and other financial operating reports
- Prepare and evaluate trend analysis based on contract performance and Divisional operating results
- Participate in a wide range of financial analysis projects and compile a variety of reports on metrics for Operations on key business drivers including Productivity and Diversity Spending
- Collaborate to establish and implement Best Practices and consistent processes/methods to benefit the entire organization
- Establish and maintain relationship with customers, continuously working to improve billing and contractual financial reporting provided
- Actively participate in the improvement and maintenance of DSO
- Manage local billing team
- Review and monitor customer contracts and gain thorough understanding to properly reflect change orders
- Review and report cost accruals for committed costs
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations on performance against bids
- Review operating expenses and provide recommendation to management on ideas for cost reductions
- Ensure proper revenue recognition for the Division
- Participate in Information Technology systems interface and act as the Functional Lead for key projects
- Other duties as assigned
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits including Retirement Plan
- Salary ranging from $70-100k
What is Required?
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance at least 3 years of financial experience
- An advanced designation is a definite plus
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and computer literacy
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in Excel
- Must be able to think creatively but be a detail oriented person
- A self-starter with high energy and the ability to organize and prioritize work effectively
- Some travel will be required
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.