Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off volunteer hours, education assistance and much more.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction in Dallas, Texas is currently seeking a Compensation Analyst to join our Human Resources team! As a key member of the Shared Services Human Resources team, the Compensation Analyst performs and conducts technical and analytical analysis to support compensation programs for Balfour Beatty US companies. The Compensation Analyst will report directly to the Vice President of Compensation and Benefits.
- Provides guidance to leadership team, HR business partners, managers, and employees on compensation policies, planning, programs and practices.
- Conduct compensation analysis and administration processes, including market based and point factor job evaluation, job record classification and maintenance, market pricing, survey submissions, salary planning, and incentive administration.
- Conducts analytical and quantitative research of pay practices
- Proactively identifies external survey sources to supplement existing market information and recommend and implement approved improvements to the annual compensation program and other compensation practices.
- Use analytical and quantitative techniques to prepare regular, periodic analyses of pay practices, compensation actions, raises, promotions and other types of compensation.
- Gather data and perform statistical analysis and interpretation of information to develop and adjust salary grades in accordance with company goals.
- Collaborate with HR Information Systems on system improvement or development projects that directly or indirectly support Compensation’s strategic and tactical objectives.
- Assist with research, analysis, administration, and communication of executive compensation and perquisite programs.
- Assist in the development of compensation communications, presentations and training.
- Complete audits and assessments for impact and effectiveness of compensation plans.
- Monitor and interpret FLSA and other federal, state and local laws regulating compliance for company salary and pay policies.
- Develop and document salary procedures to streamline and improve processes and work streams.
- Classify job descriptions for all current and open positions, working in conjunction with talent acquisition, human resources and hiring managers to define duties and responsibilities while ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide plan administration support for retirement plans.
- Partner with internal benefits team and vendors to research, analyze and resolve issues related to retirement plan benefits.
- Acts as company liaison with retirement plan administration, trustees, and actuarial vendors.
- Provide HRIS ongoing support internal stakeholders. Designs and creates ad hoc reports as needed to respond to data requests.
- Work closely with JDE HCM/Payroll Business Analysts.
- Manage and trouble shoot benefit integration data files.
- Support JDE Human Resources, Benefits and Payroll system applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management or a related field.
- At least 4 years of compensation and HRIS experience.
- Knowledge and application of compensation principles, theories, policies, practices and HRIS systems.
- Strong attention to detail; advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced to expert-skill level for Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws governing compensation practices.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
- Excellent, confident interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently.
- Ability to work independently and in a matrix organization.
- Ability to adapt quickly adapt to change across multiple business units.
- Ability to adapt to change and effectively work through ambiguity.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.