Casey-Fogli, a wholly owned subsidiary of Harbor Linx Inc. has been installing quality concrete throughout the entire Bay Area since 1906. We have extensive experience in all levels of structural concrete work, foundation work, and site concrete work. Experience, teamwork, and a passion for innovative construction methodologies has well-positioned Casey Fogli for the future. As we continue to evolve, we are committed to further advancing all projects' sustainability and efficiency.
The Senior Estimator - Concrete, prepares cost estimates for all materials, labor and miscellaneous costs and fees to put together project bids.
- Analyze job site conditions for hazards and create bid to allow for implementation of best practices that ensure worker safety and safety compliance.
- For each bidding assignment acquire plans, specifications, soil reports, historical bid files and historical job cost information necessary to perform a detailed estimate. Coordinate needed quantity takeoff.
- Coordinate and mentor the assigned PE to ensure takeoff is performed correctly and efficiently.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the plans and specifications.
- Analyze project information and determine/write RFI as needed.
- Prepare a synopsis of pertinent or unusual requirements; determine construction method, personnel and equipment required and provide coordination for the estimating team for the specific project.
- Solicit subcontractor material quotes as required and maintain documentation for all good faith efforts in accordance with specifications.
- Develop a preliminary schedule to determine the length of time necessary for pricing of general conditions.
- Perform the preparation of detailed estimates. Assemble information for each bid into organized bid packages/files.
- Review the estimate with the assigned reviewer with adequate time before the bid is due.
- On successful bids prepare “buy out” package (purchase orders, subcontracts, job folder and detailed budget) as appropriate.
- Post bid, schedule and review entire estimate with the operations team.
- Alert operations team to special conditions at the Pre-Job Partnering meeting.
- Work with the operations team to develop scope of work to be reviewed with the subcontractors and participate in subcontractor scope review meetings.
- Travel to jobs in progress to relate actual construction estimate; coordinating these activities with the Area Manager. Perform monthly review of jobs projections.
- Assist operations team with change order pricing as needed.
- Attend project close-out meeting with the Project Manager.
- Support employee development activities and mentor less experienced team members.
- Maintain good client and business partner relationships.
- Internally help foster an efficient, productive environment.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Experience: undergraduate degree in civil engineering, construction management or landscape architecture and ten or more years of successful progressively responsible estimating experience with emphasis in the discipline of work assigned to is preferred; in absence of a four year degree, the equivalent in education and experience
Language Skills: must be able to read and write in English; bilingual in Spanish helpful but not required
Mathematical Skills: basic business math and the ability to create and understand budgets, schedules; geometry, algebra and physics necessary for calculating volume, area and tonnage.
Planning and Organizing: this position requires self-motivation, strong planning, organizing and time management skills, the ability to create and follow a schedule and multiple activities
Reasoning Ability: must have strong problem solving, analytical skills and reading comprehension and be able to deal with both standardized and non-standard situations with many variables.
Interpersonal Skills: the ability to interface and collaborate with a wide variety of people including clients, employees, managers, agencies and the public; strong leadership skills
Computer Skills: must be fluent with Microsoft Office Suite. Individuals in this position will also need to be able to learn to use new technologies as they evolve or are implemented.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record
Besides a competitive salary and the best retirement package in the industry we offer:
- Company Vehicle or Vehicle Allowance
- Family medical, dental and vision
- Company Stock (ESOP)
- 401k Employer Match
- Bonus Program
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sabbatical Program
- Personal Financial Planning
We are confident that our retirement plan is the best in the industry.