Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Howard S. Wright, a Balfour Beatty Company is seeking a Safety Health & Environmental Manager to join our team in Seattle, Washington. If you excel in a teamwork environment, have a passion for what you do, a strong drive to achieve results, the ability to solve problems creatively, a dedication to client service and relationship management, come join us.
Develop safety plans and procedures, coordinate and facilitate safety training programs, maintain statistical information related to safety, perform accident/incident investigations and manage safety personnel including the following specific tasks:
- Jobsite visits/safety audits – frequency as dictated by project and/or project personnel.
- Project safety start-up packets – new-hire packets, federal /state compliance materials, safety and workers compensation material.
- Review/assist superintendents with developing and implementing project specific safety plans.
- SDS documentation – Provide sources for project teams to obtain and ensure that teams have required information readily accessible.
- Accident/Incident investigations including detailed written reports.
- Address and provide resources and solutions for environmental and hazardous material issues and concerns.
- Conduct safety training for project personnel and document same.
- Coordinate First aid / CPR training to ensure supervisors and other employees have required up-to-date cards.
- Maintain all project safety records.
- Oversee craft drug testing program.
- Represents the Company at meetings involving safety professionals, alliances, associations, etc.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor of Science in Safety & Environmental Health or related field or a minimum 7 years of construction safety experience, preferably in the commercial building construction industry.
- Knowledgeable of WA State Labor & Industries compliance requirements.
- Experience with commercial construction means and methods.
- Certification as a Construction Site Safety Technician (CSST) or Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) preferred.
- Demonstrated accurate record keeping skills.
- OSHA 30 required.
- 3 years of supervisor experience.
- Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Able to fully develop and manage a safety program on a large commercial construction project.
- Able to work with subcontractors to achieve desired safety goals.
- Able to oversee day to day safety operations in the field and manage required documentation, meetings, investigations, training, etc.
- Proven problem-solving abilities including ability to work independently and with others to address daily safety related issues.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.