Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Western States Fire Protection is seeking a Staff Accountant to join its accounting team at the Corporate headquarters in Centennial, CO. Western States Fire Protection is a full-service fire protection contractor with 46 locations west of the Mississippi. With over $350 million in annual revenue and 1,600 employees, Western States Fire Protection is one of the largest, most respected providers of fire protection systems and services in the industry. The company is a subsidiary of APi Group Inc., a $4 billion company located in Minnesota. APi Group provides a solid financial backing, top-notch leadership training for its workforce, and a very competitive benefit package including a Profit Sharing Plan.
- Bank reconciliation for branch level checking account
- General ledger reconciliations (Daily/Monthly/Quarterly)
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes
- Assist with interim and annual audits, as well as SOX compliance
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field, accounting degree preferred
- Team player that operates well in a small dynamic team environment
- Ability to grasp new technology and software quickly
- Strong communication skills as this position communicates frequently with branch teams
- Ability to be flexible and embrace change
- Construction and/or job costing experience a plus
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug screen, background, and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor