Job Title – Assistant Project Engineer
Location – Various domestic locations
Resumes will be reviewed continually.
Rewards of Working at Caddell – Paid vacations, company paid holidays, company joint funding of medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability plans to full-time employees, 401k, gym membership reimbursement, and use of company condominiums.
What You Will Do
Caddell is seeking Building Science and Construction Management graduates for an Assistant Project Engineer opportunity upon graduation.
***Applicants who do not have the credentials listed above will not be considered***
- Assists contracts managers in monitoring construction correspondence and other tasks. Assists the on-site construction staff with achievement of corporate deadlines.
- Assists contracts manager in monitoring construction correspondence.
- Assists on-site construction staff with corporate procedures and achievement of corporate deadlines.
- Assists with the preparation of financial statements.
- Assists contracts managers with documentation as needed to answer and respond to governmental agency requests.
- Assists contracts managers with coordinating issues with project management.
- Assists contracts managers with coordinating submittals for preconstruction plans required for new contracts.
- Assists with training of on-site staff on Caddell's procedures.
- Assists contracts managers with monitoring and distributing design-build submittal packages.
- Assists the construction executives and executive staff as needed.
- Assists in negotiating and preparing change orders, terms and conditions, and purchase agreements within the parameters of established procedure for subcontractors and vendors.
- Assists in developing, tracking and negotiating proposals and change orders for the implementation of contract changes with the owner and subcontractors.
- Conducts business correspondence and assists in the preparation of billing/financial reporting.
- Provides technical support for construction efforts including participation in construction planning. Assists with design interpretation, application of construction methods, resolution and documentation of design conflicts and constructability reviews.
- Develops, implements, and administers project procedures and other work controlling documents to support overall construction.
- Interfaces with all departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, project safety etc., in support of overall project schedule.
- Assists in looking ahead and paying attention to the work flow, coordinating with superintendents on delivery of materials and staying on schedule.
- Assists in the maintenance of the project schedule by completing period schedule updates within required time frames and identifying any schedule issues.
- Working Conditions – Construction setting, travel required, full time. Must have the ability to crawl, climb, walk, reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, crouch, stand for longs periods of time, lift and hold in excess of 50lbs, talk, hear and occasionally sit. Must have the ability to withstand confined spaces and or/extreme heights while negotiating tasks at hand in a safe manner to themselves and/or others. Subject to hot, cold, humid and wet conditions depending on location.
- Reporting Structure – Project Manager
What We Expect
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to develop a working knowledge of all applicable Caddell processes and procedures. Ability to develop strong client relations skills. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Education / Experience - Four-year degree in Building Science, Construction Management or related field. Current clearance, or the ability to obtain, a Department of Defense minimum secret security clearance required.
While the salary range is typically between $49,100 - $73,600 annually, applicants are encouraged to share compensation expectations as part of the application process. Caddell honors prior experience, education, and qualifications of applicants in order to make attractive and competitive offers.
Your career matters at Caddell, where there is a strong emphasis on the growth and development of every employee! We’re large enough to take on the most complex construction projects, but we know the contribution of each individual is the key to our success.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.