Due to the COVID-19 health crisis, the initial interviews for this job opening will be conducted via video or phone. The hiring process may be delayed during this time.
Wharton-Smith Construction Group is seeking a candidate with 4 or more years of experience writing proposals, with preference for experience in the construction industry. The selected candidate will report to the Proposal Production Manager.
As a SR Proposal Coordinator located in our corporate headquarters in Sanford, FL you will have the opportunity to work on a team in pursuit of projects for commercial construction and water treatment plant construction projects. You will lead all phases of proposal preparation,
from start to finish, to include writing, production and distribution of competitive marketing proposals and presentations.
This position manages and supports special projects and will be a key contributor to sales
and marketing initiatives in a demanding fast‐paced environment.
- Under the direction of the Proposal Production Manager you will coordinate to compile and track materials for proposals per deadlines, ensuring that client's request for proposals are fully met and follow the project through its complete lifecycle
- Assembling proposal documents in various software formats, and working with others assembling proposal, presentation and marketing documents
- Write and edit project summaries, resumes of project personnel, and other supporting information
- Ensure that the proposal material being presented is consistent with the requirements of the bid or of the potential client and is consistent with corporate branding rules and best practices
- Proofread, edit, and standardize proposal text for proper grammar, spelling, comprehension, and style
- Assist in updating and maintaining the project library at proposal, build and post-construction stages
- Attend project milestone events for assigned projects
- Attend and present at client selection forums
- Award submission production and submissions
- Supervision of work product of Proposal Coordinators and Proposal Assistants as needed
- General marketing and communication tasks will be assigned as needed
- Some travel and overtime may be required
- Bachelor’s degree required Business Administration, Marketing, English or a related field;
- 8+ years directly related experience in management and development of proposals. Construction industry experience is high desired;
- Experience leading large proposal/bid efforts ($40M+), and leading and developing multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience leading proposal efforts for both cooperative agreements, JVs and contracts;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact with people of all technical levels;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the ability to advocate, negotiate, listen and collaborate with a variety of individuals and groups;
- Ability to work both independently and in a complex team environment and to manage multiple tasks;
- Comfortable working in fast paced and highly entrepreneurial work environment;
- Ability to travel up to 25%;
- Must be able to work for an US Employer.
- Fluency in English required
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited institution
- 4 or more years of experience creating, writing and editing proposals for a construction, engineering or design firm.
- Graphic design experience a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced knowledge and experience within the proposal, qualifications and capture management field.
- Advanced knowledge and experience within the Engineering, Architectural, Construction or Manufacturing industry
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure with multiple deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Proven ability to work on a team to accomplish goals.
- Proven communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interface with clients, both external and internal.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with extreme multi-tasking with multiple deadlines.
- Proven ability to maintain effective working relationships with teammates, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and overtime as needed
- Attention to detail, including proofreading, grammar and formatting documents.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and other applicable tools.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly the Adobe InDesign application.
- Job seekers should be aware of potential job scams. Wharton-Smith will not ask candidates to pay money upfront, or provide banking information during the interview process. We will not ask a candidate to pay a fee for a background check, or to purchase work-at-home equipment or materials prior to starting work. We require a face-to-face interview with candidates before we make a job offer. For more information, please go to the Federal Trade Commission website.