Mears Construction, A Quanta Services Company
At Mears Construction, we believe in developing and retaining the best people in the industry and providing the best value services to our customers in the natural gas and electric industries. We take pride in developing the infrastructure of our country by connecting people and resources. As an industry leader over the last 65 years, we have built our reputation as a premier provider of services with a solid track record of performance, integrity, and – above all – a commitment to safety, quality, and our people.
What Do You Offer Us?
- Welding in various directions: flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead.
- Igniting flame or striking an arc while welding or performing other electricity-related work to weld pipe.
- Must oversee preparing and setting up necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs such as shielded metal arc, gas metal arc, or other welding equipment.
- Clamping, holding, tack-welding, heat-bending, bolting, or grinding pipes as necessary.
- Operating other accessory equipment and performing some tasks necessary for welding metal, such as fusing plastic pipe, using gas tungsten arc, metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, and other types of welding arcs.
- Train crew members in accordance with Company safety practices.
- Secure work site at the end of each shift to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials.
- Ability to travel and additional duties as assigned.
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
What is Required?
- Must have experience with oxy acetylene welding.
- Must have 3+ years of field experience in pipeline utilities construction.
- Must be able to pass welding test.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.