Title: Consulting Utility Forester
Type: Full Time
Reports To: Regional Supervisor
CNUC is a highly experienced consulting and operations team with an unparalleled understanding of utility vegetation management (UVM) industry best management practices, and legal and regulatory requirements.
CNUC assists utilities in improving their UVM programs through inspection and auditing services, emergency response, consulting, and research, often combined with software and LiDAR solutions. CNUC also goes beyond operations by providing the largest and most comprehensive UVM benchmarking service in North America.
1. Identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines.
2. Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations.
3. Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned line-clearance crews.
4. Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues.
5. Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers.
6. Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around the work area.
7. Helps enforce on-the-job safety practices.
8. Carries and utilizes materials, tools, and equipment at work site.
9. Services truck and equipment. Keeps trucks and other assigned equipment in a neat and orderly fashion. Reports the need for equipment and truck repairs to supervisor.
10. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
1. 1+ Year of Tree Crew Experience
2. Superior species identification skills and invasive species knowledge, plus knowledge of tree growth rates.
3. Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
4. Ability to work independently.
5. Strong verbal and written communications skills.
6. Ability to work in rugged terrain and inclement weather.
7. Ability to read and follow maps.
- Competitive wages/excellent benefits
- Clothing allowance
- Wellness Reimbursement
- ESOP - A retirement plan completely funded by the company
- Rich culture - driven by private ownership and intentional leadership
- Smart phone
- Company vehicle/fuel card
- Ongoing training and credentialing
- Access to industry related training materials
Full-time positions include participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) after 1 year of employment. Pre-employment and post-hiring drug screening is a condition of employment.
To apply, visit our website at http://www.cnutility.com/careers/ and submit an application