APi is a market-leading provider of safety, specialty, and industrial services in over 200 locations worldwide, primarily in North America. We have a winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders to deliver innovative solutions for our customers. As a family of companies working together, we have the parts to make any project whole.
At APi Group, the mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone at APi is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
The Finance Business Systems Leader will be responsible for identifying APi’s Global Business System needs and opportunities. This position is responsible for delivering value to the organization through support and enhancement of the OneStream financial system’s consolidation and budgeting applications as well as defining business requirements and leading systems and process improvement initiatives supporting Corporate and Controller departments across APi. This role requires strong financial, systems and reporting expertise as well as hands-on experience with full-cycle implementations which will enable him/her to successfully partner with finance teams to define and prioritize business requirements and translate requirements into systems solutions. This role serves as a key integrator across business functions as well as liaison to core IT functions to ensure financial systems and processes empower leadership with the decision-making information they need to manage the business. Proven experience in partnering with business groups and recommending process changes to improve information flow; resolving complex business and technical issues from a customer focus; building efficient end-to-end processes and delivering projects (templates and reports) that improve user productivity while maintaining appropriate controls.
Current business systems include supporting APi’s Financial Consolidation with respect to internal management and reporting to APi Senior Management and eventually APi Business Units. The Global Business Systems team supports OneStream and the eventual integration of BlackLine account Reconciliation Software, and interfaces with Tax software. This position is responsible for planning and coordinating hardware and software upgrades as well as programming and system design. Furthermore, this position is responsible for developing, designing, and implementing in-house solutions for security, data management, and reporting across the company. The head of Finance Business Systems will coordinate and direct efforts from IT technical professionals as well as consultants.
- Support the Controller and the controller’s office in all areas.
- Understand the strategic direction set by management as it relates to team goals.
- Design, implement and deploy software solutions to accommodate business and management processes, regulatory requirements and other business needs.
- Project management-decision making and organization skills to ensure the success of initiatives across the Corporation.
- Departmental Lead on all implementations and upgrades.
- Evaluation and negotiation of pricing with software vendors.
- Leverage and maximize return on investments.
- Responsible for the oversight and enforcement, tracking and reporting of all Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and Internal and External Audit compliance in relation to the software the department supports.
- Work with APi’s Controller’s office, FP&A, and Business Segments/Units to identify inefficiencies in processes, streamline processes and propose solutions.
- Manage all Software and Application upgrades, including development, design, testing, and documentation.
- Ensure the monthly close processes run timely and efficiently in all environments.
- Demonstrated experience in a system support role, with an emphasis on managing change control processes, issue resolution and prioritization.
- S. in Accounting, Finance or MIS
- S. or MBA in Accounting or MIS
- PMP Certified
- 10 - 15 years’ experience in Financial Consolidations and OneStream Application experience
- 10 or more years of experience managing a team of professionals in a Business Systems environment
- Proven software implementation skills
- Experienced in Project Lifecycle Methodology
- Application Developer skills required and demonstrated ability to implement new software
- Demonstrated accounting experience in the areas of consolidation and planning
- A solid understanding of General Ledger systems, relational databases and foreign currency translation required
- Demonstrated proficiency in OneStream, OneStream Reports, Retrieves, and Planning
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office Applications: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, Microsoft Server
- Proven Negotiation & Contract Management skills
- Ability to work independently or in a group
- Energetic and self-motivated, great interpersonal and communication skills
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.