Currently, Traine Construction & Development Ltd. is adding a dynamic Multi-family Wood Construction Site Superintendent to our team in beautiful B.C.
Traine Construction & Development is based in Kelowna, BC and works throughout Canada, primarily on multifamily residential construction projects. We create buildings that people are proud to live in and we are proud to build. From Ontario to Vancouver Island, Traine prides itself on building excellent multifamily communities and great careers!
As site superintendent, your overall responsibility will be to supervise all construction activities that take place on our fast paced worksite, ensuring the highest standards of workmanship and efficiency. Our sites work seven days a week, are faced paced with aggressive schedules. Local hires work a five and two shift, while mobile workers have a two weeks on and one week off schedule. The successful candidate must be prepared to work either shift and be able to work away from their home base.
Reporting to the Field Operations Manager and working closely with Project Managers and the Vice President of Construction, you will also look after:
- Cultivating a safety-first attitude and work environment from the start to the finish of the project
- Lead, coach and grow your team, including providing mentoring to our apprentice group
- Ensure the efficient use of all labour, equipment, materials and other resources
- Plan and schedule work, and maintain accurate records of materials used and progress made on the job
- Report on personnel, job costs, scheduling, procurement and safety related matters
- Assist in all areas of team development (selection, training, supervising project staff, monitoring performance)
- Accurately manage all project administration activities including payroll, timekeeping, labour coding, equipment coding, materials coding, purchase order coding and safety reporting
If you have:
- At least 10-years of direct experience in a supervisory role with residential (mostly multi-family) wood construction
- You will have completed a construction-related degree or have an equivalent combination of technical training and related experience
- For this role, you will need journeyman-level carpentry skills
- Possess a valid driver’s licence with no restrictions
- Additional safety and leadership certificates and courses are highly regarded
- Willing to work away from your home base as part of a mobile team
We are looking for a strong leader who is both personable as well as proficient at providing constructive feedback to those you supervise. These skills will come in handy as you lead, evaluate and provide feedback on subcontractor performance. It is paramount to your success that you are highly organized, able to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, and able to make sound judgment calls.
Along with excellent communication skills, both in written and verbal situations, you must also be proficient in using Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, Timberline, Microsoft Project or similar ERP system and other related applications.
Traine Construction is committed to the professional growth, development and long-term career excellence of all its employees. In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a very competitive salary (based on experience) and a full range of benefits, including:
- Robust performance bonus program
- Opportunities to be involved in life changing charitable projects
- Extended health and dental
- Investment opportunities
- Professional development and ongoing training
- Long-term employment
- Plenty of opportunities for growth
By joining the Traine family, you'll find yourself working among a group of friendly, team-oriented individuals who strive to deliver exceptional results.
Work somewhere awesome – apply now!