Geosyntec prides itself in hiring the most highly qualified professionals who have a diverse skill set, an advanced innovative mindset, and can effectively develop forward-thinking ideas. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service, our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Geosyntec is currently seeking an Air Quality Practice Leader to help us grow our Air Quality Market Sector Practice. This person will have an entrepreneurial attitude, be enthusiastic, and lead business development and technical efforts focused on providing strategic solutions to our clients’ most complex problems. This position will serve on our Air Quality Steering Committee and will support the development and implementation of new strategies to expand Geosyntec’s team, reputation and market share within the Air Quality Practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with highly experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to the next stage of your career. We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You will also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and mentoring tasks. Some of the specific technical responsibilities for this position include:
- Business development, project management and technical lead for air quality projects related to air quality regulations and strategic advice, pollution control, emissions quantification and studies, carbon and climate change programs, environmental impact assessments and permitting, and compliance solutions.
- Maintain high visibility in the marketplace through regular client contact, participation in client-based professional organizations, and attendance and presentations at industry events.
- Technical leader for air quality matters, regulatory analyses as driven by the Clean Air Act, as well as state and local regulations and evolving GHG regulations and reporting programs.
- Provide consulting services for air permitting (such as NSR, PSD, Title V, GHG, EPCRA and state-level pre-construction and operating permits), and air quality impact assessments involving dispersion modeling and health risk assessment.
- Oversee the scoping or conducting air pollution control device selection and evaluations, source emission monitoring (CEMs and PEMs), and various ambient and source emission measurements and methods.
- Assess and develop engineering solutions using applied analytical and statistical techniques
- Assist in the development and planning of new and modified facilities, as well as providing integrated consulting, environmental, design and construction support for some of the largest projects in the U.S.
- Manage projects and staff, including providing technical leadership and oversight, risk management, and mentoring.
- Work closely with related teams across the Company (e.g., Environmental Permitting & Planning, Sustainability, Environmental Management Action Group, client teams, etc.) and multiple staff in other offices.
- Assist in recruiting and training additional staff.
- Serve in a leadership role for the company culture and values across the organization.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
- Fieldwork: Typically, approximately 20%
- Overnight travel: Typically, approximately 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in environmental, mechanical or chemical engineering or a similar engineering discipline. (required)
- Advanced degree in engineering. (preferred)
- Professional Engineer registration. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 10 years of air quality program and project management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. [required];15 years (preferred).
- Thorough knowledge and experience with air regulations. (required)
- Regional visibility through involvement in professional associations or trade organizations. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: AIRQU02448