Geosyntec, an international geo-environmental consulting firm headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida is seeking a full-time Desktop Services Technician to provide support to our business professionals located in global offices. Working out of our Columbia, Maryland office, the role will serve as first response for handling various advanced-level duties reported to the IT Service Desk, including maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting desktop, laptop and smart technology hardware and software packages, desktop-based computing systems, and software operations. A strong focus on customer service for regular interaction with company employees, to identify and resolve problems expeditiously, in accordance with established standards and procedures, is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for this position include:
- Advanced desktop administration and client/desktop service and support in supporting, maintaining and managing IT end point assembly, installation, imaging, configuration, optimization, maintenance, repair, testing, and upgrading of client-facing technologies;
- Advanced troubleshooting and diagnostics for optimum performance by users of desktop computers, laptops, handheld/wireless devices, printers, copiers, and related computing technologies adhering to departmental procedure and company policy;
- Administer appropriate levels-related security controls, governance, compliance and data loss prevention to secure endpoint computing assets from vulnerabilities and threats (e.g. anti-virus, anti-spam, anti-spy ware, etc.);
- Respond to, research, and troubleshoot incoming requests and prioritize accordingly;
- Resolve basic requests independently, such as application password resets, network access issues, Microsoft Office tools and messaging software issues;
- Gather relevant information and communicate regular updates to manager and teammates regarding project progress, risk management, potential business impact, resource management, timing, overruns, etc.;
- Ensure complex customer needs are promptly reported, tracked through the IT Service Management Desk, monitored, documented, and resolved in a timely and effective manner ensuring customer satisfaction; and
- Write supporting technical documentation as it relates to this position.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- High School diploma or GED. (required)
- Associates’ degree in Information Technology or related field. (preferred)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) or equivalent MCP in Windows Operating System 7 or higher (10 preferred). (required)
- Apple certification. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years of IT industry experience in an advanced desktop-related administration or similar services support role delivering products and solutions at an enterprise level; or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training. (required)
- Advanced experience performing administration of desktop, laptop and related technologies including installation, configuration, software management, performance tuning and optimizations, upgrades, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing enterprise client/desktop technologies. (required)
- Experience installing, testing, and troubleshooting related systems and software applications including multi-platform operating systems and third-party applications. (required)
- Experience providing end user call support, prioritization, and escalation of service needs. (required)
- Ability to work under pressure and exercise sound professional judgment in analysis of problems in order to resolve or escalate intermediate to advanced system issues. (required)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks to completion and through to customer satisfaction. (required)
- Proven organization/planning, customer service and response skills. (required)
- Flexibility to travel to company offices as needed. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.