Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career? A place where you can contribute to a dynamic employee-owned firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry-recognized professionals? Geosyntec is the place for you! We’re are seeking an exceptional Senior Structural Engineer with at least 8 years of experience to help grow our national Geostructural and Construction Engineering practice and contribute to innovative and challenging projects involving heavy-civil construction, linear transportation, vertical and horizontal building structures, erection engineering, controlled demolition, earth retaining structures, foundations, dams and containment structures, and unconventional structures. Join us to bridge the gap between construction and design!
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the civil infrastructure, natural resources, and the environment. Ranked by ENR in the top 50 design firms and top 20 sewer and waste and hazardous waste firms, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a position that involves diverse project experiences across multiple sectors of the civil engineering and construction industry. Some of the key responsibilities for this position could include managing preliminary (pre-bid) and final designs for design-build projects, value engineering for contractors and construction managers, structural analysis and design for unique applications such as dams and process engineering structures, forensic analysis, structural instrumentation and monitoring, and developing business with new and existing clients. Some of the project tasks include but are not limited to:
- Structural value engineering, design review, constructability review, and risk assessment;
- Foundation design including pile caps, mats, footings, and substructures;
- Analysis, design, and detailing of structural steel and reinforced concrete structures;
- Structural design and detailing of underground structures and excavation support systems;
- Modeling, analysis, design, and detailing of unconventional structures;
- Design of temporary structures, shoring/reshoring, formwork;
- Erection engineering and global stability analysis, controlled demolition;
- Preparing technical documents including reports, calculation packages, CAD drawings, and construction specifications;
- Conducting precondition surveys and construction inspections;
- Design management and construction management; and
- Managing litigation support projects under attorney-client privilege.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 20%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20% Your success is our success.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a structural engineering focus. [required]
- Advanced degree in Civil Engineering (Structural). [preferred]
- Professional registration as a Structural Engineer in Illinois (S.E.). [required]
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8 years directly relevant experience in a design environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. [required]
- Knowledge of relevant structural engineering design and detailing software (ETABS, RAM, SAP2000, SAFE, GSA, RISA, etc.), design collaboration software (Bluebeam Studio), and operation of CAD/VDC/BIM software. [required]
- Knowledge of general numerical modeling tools. [preferred]
- Experience working within the construction sector or performing design work for contractors/construction managers. [preferred]
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. [required]
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. [preferred]
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. [required]
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: SENIO02373