Geosyntec is seeking a Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (QSP) or Qualified SWPPP Developer (QSP/D) to help manage and execute a variety of stormwater planning, compliance, and maintenance projects for our residential, municipal and utility clients throughout southern California. This is a field-oriented position; thus candidates must have the ability and willingness to perform fieldwork regularly and travel for extended periods of time, although the position would be based in the Los Angeles area.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The QSP (or QSP/D) will be expected to manage varied environmental aspects associated with field construction projects, including:
- Performing routine and storm event inspections and sampling at construction facilities;
- Stormwater best management practice (BMP) selection, installation and maintenance;
- Preparing and implementing Construction Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs);
- Developing and implementing field / tailboard stormwater training programs; and
- Working independently and as a team to best support clients.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional and technical development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our staff to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
- Fieldwork: Up to 75%
- Overnight travel: Up to 50% (primarily southern California)
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- BS or AA/AS degree in environmental science, engineering, geology or construction management, or equivalent construction-related field experience. (required)
- CPESC certification and QSP or QSP/D certification. (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least two years of experience with residential or utility stormwater BMP inspection and implementation; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Understanding of California Construction General Permit. (required)
- Experience selecting and implementing erosion and sediment control and other construction phase BMPs, including selecting stabilization methods. (required)
- Knowledge and experience with all phases of construction projects including mass excavation, rough grading, streets and utilities; vertical construction and landscaping / final stabilization. (required)
- Ability to prepare accurate and concise field inspection and monitoring reports. (required)
- Experience communicating with clients and contractors and field training of contractors for SWPPP compliance. (required)
- Proven ability to perform in a high volume, time sensitive/deadline environment. (required) Understanding of electronic data management and aptitude for electronic field data collection. (required)
- Proficiency with several computer applications including MS Word and Excel. (required)
- Reliable transportation, valid U.S. driver’s license, and satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: QUALI02302