Geosyntec’s Florida operations is growing, and we are looking for a Principal Water Resources Engineer or Scientist with an entrepreneurial attitude, who is enthusiastic about business development efforts to expand Geosyntec’s market share. This position may be based out of Tampa, Clearwater, Titusville, Jacksonville, Boca Raton, or other Florida locations of strategic importance to the market. The position entails leading proposals and projects with Geosyntec’s existing public and private sector clients, developing new clients, and managing a team of engineers/scientists in the long term. In collaboration with top professionals in their field, you will work on complex projects involving innovative urban stormwater management and natural surface water systems, including sustainable green infrastructure planning studies, stormwater infrastructure design and infrastructure, innovative water quality improvements, flood mitigation practices, hydrologic/hydraulic analysis including dam breach studies and floodplain mapping, stream restoration, surface water, watershed, and stormwater runoff monitoring/modeling, NPDES permitting support, TMDL regulatory support, and resiliency and adaptation strategies.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key duties and responsibilities for position include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining and growing Geosyntec’s profile and reputation in water resources with existing and potential clients;
- Developing business and managing clients and projects in urban stormwater management and natural surface water systems, including sustainable green infrastructure planning studies, hydrologic and hydraulics projects, and resiliency and adaptation strategies;
- Recruiting, training, and mentoring early and mid-career water resources engineers and scientists;
- Preparing proposals including scope of work, cost/fee estimates, presentations, etc.;
- Overseeing and managing client contracts;
- Serving as primary point-of-contact with clients and other project consultants;
- Developing and maintaining strong collaborative internal (i.e., within Geosyntec) and external (i.e., clients and subcontractors) relationships;
- Overseeing and reviewing water resources engineering analyses;
- Providing oversight and monitoring of projects;
- Coordinating work efforts and reviewing work performed by other team members; and
- Scheduling and managing integration of quality management during all phases of proposals and projects.
You will be responsible for business development and marketing with the purpose of establishing a client-oriented practice within Geosyntec. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires first aid and CPR training paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
- Fieldwork as needed
- Overnight travel as needed
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture. Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering, natural sciences or related field. (required)
- Advanced degree in environmental or civil engineering or natural resources science, with emphasis on water resources or closely related discipline. (preferred)
- Professional Registration (P.E. or P.G. or equivalent). (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in consulting industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Demonstrated business development and project management experience. (required)
- Demonstrated experience managing water resources projects and teams for municipal, water district, and other water resources industry clients. (required)
- Strong oral and technical writing skills. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.