Geosyntec is growing in the San Francisco Bay area and we are looking for an Experienced Remediation Engineer for our Oakland, California office. We assist our clients by addressing challenging environmental regulatory issues, conducting complex environmental assessments, and applying innovative site remediation technologies. If you are looking for a home for the best years of your career, an opportunity to work for a dynamic, employee-owned firm on challenging projects with extraordinarily talented professionals who are recognized throughout the U.S. for their technical capabilities, then Geosyntec is the place for you.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Founded in South Florida in 1983, we are employee-owned and have about 80 professionals in our Oakland office. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities. You’d also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with business development, staff management, and mentoring tasks. Some of your specific responsibilities for this position may include:
- Project and task management, including planning and implementing remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Performing and managing contaminated site remedy evaluation, including preparing feasibility studies, removal action work plans, remedy design, and remedy implementation;
- Performing and managing pilot and bench-scale programs for soil, soil vapor, and groundwater technologies;
- Preparing remediation designs for soil, soil vapor, and groundwater remediation projects including drawings, engineering analyses and calculations, and technical specifications; and
- Preparing technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, and proposals.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you’ll likely be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with proposal and business development activities, staff management, and mentoring tasks. Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, CPR training and medical monitoring, all paid for by Geosyntec. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 25%
- Overnight travel: Up to 25 % Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (civil, environmental, or chemical) (required).
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in engineering. (preferred)
- Professional certification (P.E.) in California. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of direct environmental consulting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (preferred)
- Knowledge of California regulatory requirements related to vapor intrusion practice. (preferred)
- Experience in vapor intrusion mitigation system design. (preferred)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: EXPER02375