Geosyntec prides itself in hiring the most highly qualified professionals who have a diverse skillset, an advanced innovative mindset, and can effectively develop forward-thinking ideas. Our national air quality practice is growing rapidly and we’re looking for a Senior Air Quality and Climate Change Manager in Oakland or Walnut Creek, California, who is looking to be a part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial firm. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of experience providing air quality and greenhouse gas consulting services. This position will collaborate heavily with our Air Practice, Energy Transition and Sustainability teams, as well as other core practices within the firm such as waste management, compliance, and energy services.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? We operate under a sell-manage-do culture, and so we expect that you’d work on challenging technical projects while leveraging your existing knowledge and experience to help Geosyntec expand its current practices and capabilities through business development and client management. You may also be asked to take on project management responsibilities, along with staff management and mentoring tasks. Some of the technical responsibilities for this position include:
- Performing regulatory analysis related to air quality, greenhouse gas and other environmental matters as driven by the Clean Air Act as well as state and local regulations and evolving GHG regulations, permitting (e.g., CEQA/NEPA) and reporting programs;
- Quantifying emission rates via estimates and measurement and preparing inventories with interface or use in data management programs;
- Managing work that involves air quality and environmental impact analysis, dispersion modeling and health risk assessment;
- Permitting at all levels (e.g., NSR, PSD, Title V, GHG, and state-level pre-construction and operating permits, including California CEQA permitting);
- Overseeing or conducting air pollution control device selection and evaluations, source and ambient emission monitoring and measurements;
- Working with multiple stakeholders, including industrial and municipal clients, research organizations, regulatory agencies, trade associations and public and private collaboratives;
- Provide strategic advice and support to clients implementing programs and projects aimed at achieving carbon reduction goals;
- Project management and technical lead for air quality projects related to emissions quantification and studies, carbon and climate change programs, environmental impact assessments, regulatory analysis and permitting, and compliance solutions;
- Researching environmental technical solutions, incentives and credits arising from challenging issues and opportunities in the face of changing energy systems and sustainability program implementation;
- Working directly with clients and develop additional business opportunities by delivering outstanding results, forming valued relationships and solving some of their more challenging issues; and
- Understanding client needs and developing work scopes with input from Geosyntec client managers and teams to propose approaches, solutions and resources; and working on teams to prepare competitive proposals highlighting Geosyntec capabilities and experience.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
Some overnight travel and field work as projects require.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. You should expect to work closely with highly experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec’s culture as you advance to the next stage of your career. Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in environmental science or engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in environmental science or engineering. (preferred)
- Professional Engineer registration or the ability to obtain it within one year. (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 8 years of air quality program and project management experience, preferably in a leadership role in a consulting firm. (required)
- Thorough knowledge and experience with air regulations. (required)
- Local/regional visibility through involvement in professional associations or trade organizations. (preferred)
- Experience working with and managing multi-disciplinary project teams. (required)
- Demonstrated success in the development and management of clients. (required)
- Proven leadership skills. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: SENIO02469